Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    have u looked at the jbl subs in the biult enclosers, these are perfect for hatches. ive had one inmy car for a few days, you get good clean deep bass
    whats an internet?

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS

u can never have enoguh bass....
    The Pain Of Discipline Is Far Less Than The Pain Of Regret

Are u just looking for maximum doof bass, SQ, Loudness, something to shake ur self and the car. Do u need alot of boot space?

If u want just pure doof factor, loudness and shaking urself and the car, and don't need any sort of boot space i would go for two 12/15inchs.

If u were looking for SQ, need space, or maybe just a bit of low freq, i would suggest a good 12inch sub.

But the all most important factor, how much are u willing to spend because the sky is the limit.

And what cold fusion, said u can never have enough bass, so buy it once and buy it right.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    hey ive got exactly what ur thinking of, 2 alpine type r's 12" in my civic hatch, getting 400watts rms each. I chose two cus i figure 2 subs running at half vol has better sq. than 1 working at its limit, this is just my thought could be total crap. i actually brought 1 type x 10", but after alot of thinking i returned it for 2 12" type r's for extra spl, while still providing the good sq the r's are known for.

when i was putting in the system, i weighed each part, which totaled 45kg, (subs, box, wiring, 2 amps. the subs are 9kg each). not much less than my girlfriend! it dosnt sound like much but 45kg makes a very noticable difference in the cars handling, especially being a small light hatchback.

i recently got a leak in my rear tail light, and removed the subs, box, and amps (only to find there was a 1in deep puddle of musty smelly brown water in my tyre well), after fixing the leak, i didnt put my sterio back in for more than a month, not due to lasyness (well maby a little), but because the car felt soo different to drive, mainly in the way it cornered, also could notice a difference in acceleration, so i chose to keep it out for a while.

Unless u want crazy spl, one GOOD sub should be plenty. also it depends on how much importance u place on handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by integraz

And what cold fusion, said u can never have enough bass, so buy it once and buy it right.
    Exactly how i feel. u may be happy at the start but it dosnt take long at all till ur craving more bass (i think its called hearing loss ). i just didnt consider the change in performance.

somthing to think about.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    one of my friends seeling a 12inch type-r for $80!! without box. but yeh its been pumped to the max. my other friends selling his brand new in box DLS 10inch magnesium sub for $400 with sub box and.
    Im saving up for a bodykit atm, want one of those wide bodies for the ek^^. After that then i will get the doof.

Atm I've got a twin sub setup, Kenwood DB+ Excelon (I think these are old skool, not sure) and hell they're harsh on the eardrums! Twin subs is way too much in a hatch, you'll go deaf in no time at all. I'm gonna get rid of the subs at a later date and which to one sub... 2 is way too much for my eardrums!
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fusion
    u can never have enoguh bass....
    Or enough boot space for that matter! lol jokin man. Looks like itd get some serios bass. I run only one of those subs and i think its enough for me.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.