Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dc2r dropping out

Hey I'm just curious what would be a cause of the car stalling or just dropping out. It happens only in first gear or reverse even in motion. Its usually happens wen the clutch is full down and the car just rolls in metion by it self. The car has had the same mods for past few years and problem has only started this year. It doesnt happen all the time, just every now and then.

Car just had major service done to it and the problem still occurs.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    check ur clutch fluid man might not be full

Full la. And I just had major service done, including all fluids.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    well ur short ass probably thinks the clutch is all the way in when in actual fact its not

qball > mash @ nfsu2
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

err noe. My clutch is set at the very top for a reason. One im short LOLOLOL and two its easier to drive that way.

Anyways since u brought this up the car isnt stalling as in shutter shutter conk out coz ur not reving enough. Car just drops out.

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    pressure plate not holding proeprly?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    does it have the same problem when ur just sitting at the lights or something.. could be a dirty throttle body or something basic like that

Nah nah..I usuallil happens wen im coasting. Lets say im reversing then i just put clutch all the way down and let it roll back and vice visa.

How can i check if its a dirty throttle body? ANd how do i clean it. Could it just be a dirty air filter?

Member Array
    Car:
    ap1.5
    although this isnt a dc2r u get the idea of how to clean your throttle http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...light=throttle

Same thing happened to me, turned out to be a dead battery. Once changed, never happened again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    yeaaa.. mann sometimes that happens to me.. it hasnt happen for a while.. however i kno wat u mena.. say im like parkin in my garage.. i go forward then clutch in and coast in.. the engine like starts to shudder sometimes.. only happens at night tho.. so it mite be the batt as someone said.. all i do is blip the throttle wen i can feel its dying..

HOWEVER.. EXACTLY the SAME problem happend to my skyline.. how it jus cuts off.. and mind more than jus wen the clutch was in.. it turned out to be an electrical problem.. go get ur electrical relays and that checked out..

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Ive had this problem in my dc2R as well. Just cruising along and for no apparent reason the car just cuts out. It has happened to me twice over about 3 years.. Weird..