Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mini van
    Quote Originally Posted by kongfu
    I think turbo kit is more reliable for civic.
    You need at about 3k at least to spend.
    first of all.. turbo will cost u less den supercharging your engine, depending on wat kits or parts you wanna get. Supercharging your engine is mOre reliable than Turbocharging it. But turbocharging will get you more power depending how much you pay for. but with 2 grand i hope u find all the parts to make it run safely..
    UNLESS u can get second hand parts or find dem for cheaper.
    =)

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Seriously, if your budget is 2k, dont bother!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    dont forget u have to get it tune ! and thats like $700ish !!
    if ur gunna turbo ur civic then dont be a tightass other wise its just gunna give u problems
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    97 VTiR Prelude
    with regard to the D16Y5 engine....my 96 EK is an automatic....which uses CVT transmission...so maybe the manual is SOHC VTEC and the auto is simply SOHC...but that woud seem stupid as they both have the same engine code, meaning they have the same engine. if you go to http://www.dohc-vtec.com.au/pages/specs.htm it shows there that the D16Y5 engine is simply an SOHC engine, where as the coupe is the SOHC VTEC with an engine D16Y8

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    nah its only SOHC. ive got a manual n yeh no vtec =(. oh yeh GREDDY have bolt on civic turbo kits they're bout $2.5k+ish thats just the kit not installing tuning, etc etc. but yeh if you really want turbo sell your ek n get a FC rx-7 13B!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Show me the link for GREDDY bolt on turbo kits for 2.5k?
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    http://www.greddy.com/, click on TURBO menu(on left) then BOLT-ON TURBO KITS, the price is up a bit $2.6k+ my bad.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    www.greddy.com is an American site, so the prices are all in US$.
    Double the prices listed, and you'll get a rough idea as to how much you'll pay for a kit like that in AU$.