Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 S2 Chaser, DC4, S5

Car in for service today.... Im worried, lol

Finally put my car in for service today!

I havn't been around the Ozhonda website for ages as i have basically given my teg to my girlfriend!

I found out monday this week that she hasn't had it serviced since i gave it to her.... its about 5000k over...

i drove it for the first time in ages this morn. and man, it feels like crap.

It went from a nice sporty little car to a sloppy whore in 6months!!!!

I dont know how she did it!!!!!!

Hopefully the service will breathe some life back into it, It was my first car so im still kind of attatched, lol.

Anyone else had a similar experience!?! Im stressing about the service bill!!

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R DC5
    you'll be right, that will teach you. haha jokes

i don't see the fuss on this?? It's a NA non Type R Teg. So, just take it easy!

pppft integra's are still awesome cars, type R or non type R, Vtec or Non Vtec, they are awesome cars to drive, and it is a shame when they start running poorly. I baught my car secondhand with no log books so I drove it for a while but as soon as I could afford it gave it a service, all fluids etc, it ran 70% better, I was very happy after the service

Member Array
    Car:
    dc teggy
    yeah, service does wonders.

and amen to this:

type R or non type R, Vtec or Non Vtec, they are awesome cars to drive
    48USE honda integra FOR SALE

see link:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...96#post1545396

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 S2 Chaser, DC4, S5
    OOOOKAAYYY!!!!!

Just picked it up from the workshop, had a loooong chat with the mechanic.

Basically, the verdict was: GET A WHEEL ALLIGNMENT AND NEW TIRES!!! lol

(im not joking, he almost yelled it as soon as i walked in the place) driveshaft seals had to be replaced, all fluids were replaced (clutch, brakes and radiator flushed) plugs and leads, timing was WAY out --> now fixed, shockers need replacing...(damn) need to fix the exhaust ( i had suspected this) the speed hump that she drives over everyday to work has scraped through the piping!!!! (its a big hump, low car, she hits it like the thing is built for rally) and i want to get rid of the big f**k off cannon she got welded onto my exhaust system for my birthday, it has absolutly NO back pressure, feels like a car running massive boost, but with no fun at the end!!!!...
    and that about sums it up!!!

$570 in total (inc. a bit of mercy discount, lol)

+ about another $500 getting other things fixed up.

As i was paying, the mechanic goes "Look, no offence, it's a nice car so either don't let your girlfriend drive it, or teach her to drive properly"!

SO for me, lesson learnt, I payed for it this time, but it's now officialy her problem! I am putting my car dreams on hold for a couple of years until uni is over!!

B.

wow dude.. not kewl at all, your girlfriend is a maniac!! haha, it's times like these i'm glad my girl can't even drive a manual

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Can anyone tell me what they do to tune our Tegs? I mean when the timing is actually out? I can't imagine it's a physical tune, and I didnt think our ECU's had any decent manipulation from it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    haah benny bear.. i give my car to my gf aswel to take car of cos i dont wna take it to uni and work.. and i took out the time and effort to teach her properly hahaha.. not to ride the clutch.. goin over humps sideways etc etc.. haha

ive gta service my car aswell .. major.. *shudders*. bye bye wads of cash..

give her the bill and ask her to settle it...then she will know how to drive more properly next time

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    lol, how did it get that bad in 6 months? did the mechanic say anything about that? she must be a terrible drive dude

Member Array
    Car:
    Red Rocket SSV
    hahahahaha Ben man what you doing letting her drive it in the first place!?!?!

return it back to stock man, that way there's less she can break on it lol