Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '92 LS Integra

Change front seats in an LS Integra

Hi guys, id really like to change my 2 front seats in my '92 LS Integra to something like the DC2 seats. If im not mistaken they are sexy Recaro seats.
    Do these seats (or similar) bolt straight into the LS? or do I have to modify?

What modifications are needed if any? Can I just take the rails off the recaros and swap them with the LS's stock seats? My stock LS drivers seat rocks back and forth a bit (I think its missing some ball bearings in the rails or something) and it gets annoying.

Also, whats a decent price to pay for them? I am in Sydney if anyone knows of a place I can get em cheap and 2nd hand.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    DC2R seats are Recaro. DC2 are honda style seats with more support.

$1500-$2k will get you a second hand decent set of dc2r recaro's plus rails.

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    Check the traders section. Theres a few on sale atm. You'll need rails to fit onto your car or modify your existing rails to fit them in tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    yeah, depending on quality, anywhere from 1k-2k is reasonable for them. If you had a dc2 there would be no modification needed as they came in the dc2r, but seeing as it's a da9 we're talking about...

You can either customize your current rails to fit the recaros on, or (if you're okay working with metal) you can make up your own rails with a small amount of difficulty.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    yeah as others have said
    the rails wont bolt on.
    myself and a few others here have aftermarket seats in out LS, mine came with the car when i bought it, but when i spoke 2 the owner, he informed me that the rails had 2 b swapped in order 2 get em 2 bolt in.
    fantastic mod in my opinion. put up sum pics if u get it done
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    i'll get you pics of how i did mine... when i do mine :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '92 LS Integra
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have NO experience with metal working but a mechanic mate of mine did something similar to his Toyota Corolla, so im hoping he may be able to help me out.

1k-2k is steep for seat though IMO. Are there any cheaper alternatives around? Im not interested in the brand names. I just want something to look nice and feel cosy when you sit in it.

Thnx

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    1-2k is for a pair of recaros. of course there are alternatives, but mose good seats will set ya back at least 600minimum each. have a look at the traders, theres sum good SSCUS seats available.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    i welded my stock seat rails to my buckets i'm handy with metal and a welder so did it all my self got a good job nice and sturdy
    one problem is you gotta be shure not to make the position os the seat higher coz that will be annoying

i know this thread is old. but i jsut want to reconfirm. so a stock DC2 VTIR front seats with stock dc2 rails. will this bolt directly onto an integra LS??

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatbigbeans View Post
    i know this thread is old. but i jsut want to reconfirm. so a stock DC2 VTIR front seats with stock dc2 rails. will this bolt directly onto an integra LS??
    totally different rails. wont fit. you gotta take the ones off your integra ls off and reweld them onto your vti-r seats.

ooo dang.... so the bolt locations are completely off ?

would there be any other honda factory seats close to being a direct bolt on for integra LS ?