Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EH CIVIC sedan
    I've had this problem with some aftermarket halos for 95 civic 4dr, I'm gonna try and reseal them, not sure, but i've been told if you put the aftermarket headlights in an oven the lense is plastic and would melt of warp it?? If i reseal it and it it still leaks then might have to drill it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    water condensation is so often not only to aftermarket but also OEM units...
    yeah take the headlights off and stack them into oven to melt down the blues and rseal it with better WATER-PROOF

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    water condensation is very common not only to aftermarket units but as well as OEM ones... yeah just chuck them into oven and melt down the seals... take the lenses apart and firsly wipe clean the plastic covers...
    then buy some high quality WATER-PROOF cilicons to re-seal the units...
    my aftermarket projectors in my MDX had water marks when i received them.. so i did above steps and its still as clean as it could most...

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yea i think i'm going to go the sure-n-easy way ...
    managed to track down a heat gun *yay*
    i think most of us first time DIYers are kinda worried about this oven concept. will drill holes and see how that goes ...but need to open them to clean away the water ... -_-"

i was currious though ...after ive got it all cleaned ... and i'm ready to put it back together ... do i need to remove the existing glue ??????????
    or do i remelt it abit and use that PLUS silicon for extra water resistance ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by No-VTEC
    hmm... i hadn't considered that one.

it's not THAT noticeable once ive been driving around with them on
    cos the H1 light bulbs get quite hot and de-mist the head lights.
    but it just seems to be getting more water in there

hey destrukshn, do you just use any silicon like ...Selleys All -Clear or something ?

hey kongfu, did your friend get his headlights drilled at hondwreck or re-sealed ?

friend of mine had a Prelude ...'89 i think...stock pop-up lights... and his lights kept collecting water ...after a while he had a puddle in there ...haha

wonder if notorious-ahmie has this problem.
    Hey mate..I think my friend did in Hondwreck in Springvale. It hasnt been re sealed. just drilled a hole under the headlights.very small one.