Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 Civic Hatch D15b4

Supercharging civic

from my lack of knowledge of forced induction i have been told that turbocharging a carburettor engine is difficult and wont give good day to day driving for what reason i dont know, so maybe supercharging a
    carburettor engine would be better, thus the internals would need to be changed right? as im in perth W.A i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for parts like suspension, conrods, pistons, bearings ect as i am planning a buildup of this engine if the verdict is right. thanks pplz any help is appreciated.

Paul

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    how much more power are you looking at should be pretty safe using stock internals on 5-8 psi... depending engine condition

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    which supercharger are you going to use? blow thru setup(supercharge blows into carb) or draw thru setup(supercharger sucks air:fuel mix thru carby and forces into engine)

Either way is not going to be easy.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 Civic Hatch D15b4
    eventually i will rip out the engine and completely rebuild it gett he head bored out and chuck larger pistons in redo the gaskets bearing maybe valve springs and all of that , if i have the engine out ready to rebuild i may aswell chuck some new internals in there but i dont know where to start and what the prices of forged internals will be, as of the supercharger i have yet to make up my mind. any suggestions?

i personally dont know of yet which set up i will use so i am trying to do some research and come up with the best possibility.

thanks.

paul.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    forced induction is going to make things difficult enough as is with the carb... a supercharger is only going to make things even harder.

honestly, I'd suggest converting to fi, and going from there

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 Civic Hatch D15b4
    your right on the conversion too right and i av contemplated the fact over and over its just i ahve no idea on converting to efi as i have a carburettor'd engine /setup also finding a decent front cut/swap in perth is difficult az.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I think you'll find it'd probably be easier to fabricate an efi set up from scratch(I wouldn't seriously suggest trying to fabricate efi from scratch, just trying to make a point) than to try to build a reliable forced induction carb set up

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Find a damaged EG Civic GLi with the D15B7 and build the engine up from there. The B7 motor is a much better design than the B4.

This way, you can rebuild the B7 while driving the B4 into the ground

You should be able to swap the entire wiring harness and EFI fuel system over that way
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 8
    rip it out and chuck in a b series motor, much better base to start from.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTiR
    I'd go EFI. Find a half cut and transfer everything accross.