Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r

extended shifters

anybody have one / use one / interested to get one?

Last edited by tanghy; 02-06-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r

Member Array
    i think my arm would get tired from lifting it up all the time ahahah

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    so u have the bad habit of driving 1 handed?

Member Array
    on the street i do.. i never noticed if i do on track... i dont think i do...
    have to concentrate alot more so prob on track 2 hands...

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    TurnFast.com, an excellent road racing resource, discusses the techniques of proper shifting in a technical article:

"Many people fall into two bad habits on the street when shifting. First, "Hollywood" has taught everyone that it looks cool to always leave your left hand on the shift knob. Wrong! You may as well tie your hand behind your back as leave it on the shift knob. Your hand belongs on the steering wheel--always. When you need to shift--shift, and get your hand back on the wheel. Don't even rest it on the shifter for a few seconds ahead of time to "get ready." Every time your hand leaves the steering wheel you've given up 50% of the tactile feedback you have from your hands, and 50% of your capability to control the car. If you're racing with other cars around you, you never know when you may get tapped. Even when racing alone, mechanical failure may cause handling trouble. You'll want both hands on the wheel when that happens."

Member Array
    they actually teach u when going for ur L's to have both hands on the wheel

but that aint "cool" ahahha

Quote Originally Posted by tanghy
    TurnFast.com, an excellent road racing resource, discusses the techniques of proper shifting in a technical article:

"Many people fall into two bad habits on the street when shifting. First, "Hollywood" has taught everyone that it looks cool to always leave your left hand on the shift knob. Wrong! You may as well tie your hand behind your back as leave it on the shift knob. Your hand belongs on the steering wheel--always. When you need to shift--shift, and get your hand back on the wheel. Don't even rest it on the shifter for a few seconds ahead of time to "get ready." Every time your hand leaves the steering wheel you've given up 50% of the tactile feedback you have from your hands, and 50% of your capability to control the car. If you're racing with other cars around you, you never know when you may get tapped. Even when racing alone, mechanical failure may cause handling trouble. You'll want both hands on the wheel when that happens."

Its very interesting this is said. However some racing drivers drive with one hand why is this? Although its very very rare. Interesting never-the-less ...

this item will greatly increase the ergonimics of the dc2rs shifting so you dont have to reach all the way down there for the gear lever anymore. Cars like the new civics s2k and the dc5 is realtively better in this regard

interestin shifter.. where ya find the pic n clip ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Alright you've got me where do i get one? Also it will increase the shift distance right?
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Don't you watch Initial D's machinegun shift? It's so fast that you can't see his hand leave the wheel to shift!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2