Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx delsol
    Hey guys Ive been driving auto for ages, and as you may know recently started with manual, and what ive noticed is why is it that in my automatic car braking feels far more responsive than in my manual car ?im guessing could be down to brake pads etc, but would it have something to do with auto just having a different feel to braking or what do you think ? also guys say im in 2nd gear and taking a speed bump, why is it once im off the bump and give gas the car jerks back and forth a bit,its nothing over the top just slightly ? and lastly what do most of yous take corners in 2nd gear or 3rd i know it depends on the turn etc but in general and round abouts ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    also guys say im in 2nd gear and taking a speed bump, why is it once im off the bump and give gas the car jerks back and forth a bit,its nothing over the top just slightly ? and lastly what do most of yous take corners in 2nd gear or 3rd i know it depends on the turn etc but in general and round abouts ?
    depends on how slow you go through the hump. if its too slow, better off ride your clutch alittle and as you come off the hump, put clutch into friction point and take off again slowly.

depending on your speed when turning, i take corners at 3rd mostly, i hardly use 2nd unless its a give-away or stop sign. personal preference

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by anfz
    Hey guys Ive been driving auto for ages, and as you may know recently started with manual, and what ive noticed is why is it that in my automatic car braking feels far more responsive than in my manual car ?im guessing could be down to brake pads etc, but would it have something to do with auto just having a different feel to braking or what do you think ? also guys say im in 2nd gear and taking a speed bump, why is it once im off the bump and give gas the car jerks back and forth a bit,its nothing over the top just slightly ? and lastly what do most of yous take corners in 2nd gear or 3rd i know it depends on the turn etc but in general and round abouts ?
    Because they are different cars, the braking feeling is diferent. If you want to improve the feeling, you can change brake pads first.

With the speed bump, you have to press the accelerator smoothly. It's a different method from an auto. With the auto, you just put your foot down at say 1/4 accelerator and go. With the manual, you have to gradually increase the throttle until you reach 1/4. Just think of your right foot having to be as smooth as butter.

As for roundabouts, if it is a 9 o'clock (left turn) or 12 o'clock (straight ahead), 3rd gear is usually fine. For 3 o'clock right turns, then sometimes I need 2nd depending on the size of the roundabout. It also depends on your car, whether if it has enough torque to pull with 3rd gear or whether it will lug the engine instead.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2