Headlight not working on '03 DC5

Got home tonight & noticed the right headlight isnt working. Right hand parking light still works though.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what this could be or is it just that the headlight needs replacing. I would have thought/hoped that a headlight should last more than 3 years.

I've checked the fuse box & its not one of the clear ones you can check yourself but a largish black box with 3 or 4 prongs on the bottom. I couldnt see a spare one

Is there any way to check if this has blown? If I replace it with the left headlight fuse is there any chance of damaging that one?

Thanks peeple

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    i would check the bulb 1st. sometimes that shit just happens. also quick and easy to see if its blown. but to be safe when you take it out do not touch the glass as touching the glass on a working bulb will cause it to blow when you put it in

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    DCFOUR
    like j3z3z said check the bulb first, you can see the bulb is blown as it two filaments are no longer connected also, if you shake it you may hear a rattle in the bulb, if that doesnt work check the fuse box?

and once again dont touch the bulb with your hands!

Thanks guys, I'm not really game to start handling the bulb but looking into the headlight both sides look the same.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    like everyone else said...its probably ur bulb....u never know when a bulb is gonna go.....what u mean ur not really game to start handling bulbs ? its an easy job bro !

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R DC5
    come on give him/her a break.
    What you need to do is inside the engine bay, behind your headlight is a round rubber cap that has a plug in it like a power cord, pull the plug out and remove the round rubber cap that goes over the bulb surround. if you take that off you will find a metal wire clip that goes from one side of the headlight entrance to the other, one side is connected, the other side can be unclipped so that you can swing the clip out of the way. this clip holds the bulb in place.
    once the clip has been unclipped and swung ouit of the way you can then remove the globe. have a look at the globe and if the little metal thing inside is burnt apart, you need a new globe. get a new globe from repco or somewhere like that and repeat the process in reverse.
    The other option is that you just have you mechanic take a look if your not really that mechanical minded.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    this belongs to noob section

Thanks heaps Franki thats that kind of advise I was after. I'm happy having a poke around in the engine bay but I'd just rather have an idea what I'm doing before getting started.

Can a MOD move this to the correct area if its presence here is offending some people.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO VIII MR
    my left light didn't work for a while, which i thought it was the bulb.. pretty obvious, but later that nite i went home from frens place (no time to get a replacement or get it changed to oem), it worked again... and i was like.. wtf?? and it worked for the next week or so, then died again! and again wtf?? then i didn't want to wait for it to work again and so i changed it.. it was the bulb, blown!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    this happened to my car as well and i kept on changing the light bulb, but every time i changed it, it blew again. ened up going to the honda dealer and it ended up being something wrong with the wires. makes me wonder if all DC5's have the same problem

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R DC5
    yep, my dc5r headlight globes blow once a month. there must be an electrical problem, i think the front end may have been in a small front end bingle. gotta get it checked out but till then, il just kep changing bulbs.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDMDC5R
    my left light didn't work for a while, which i thought it was the bulb.. pretty obvious, but later that nite i went home from frens place (no time to get a replacement or get it changed to oem), it worked again... and i was like.. wtf?? and it worked for the next week or so, then died again! and again wtf?? then i didn't want to wait for it to work again and so i changed it.. it was the bulb, blown!
    somtimes the filament inside comess in contact again.
    lol, had it happen numerous of times.