Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Have a mature argument without name callings, personal attacks, deragatory and/or rascistic comments please.

Anyone who wishes to post outside of that can go ahead and do the smart thing and use the PM function we've provided.

Sort your childish bickering outside of this forum.

This is a warning to all who decides to post.

Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    i'm just wondering what you've seen that makes it (PFC) a technically better propostion than the hondata.
    define "tunability", if you see my post above the one you quoted, i asked what "tunability" was so that we could be sure we were comparing the same thing...

in my opinion, a "technically better" object does not necessarily mean the object is best overall for everyone.

or does it in your opinion?

you seem to be implying that Hondata is better than PowerFC?

can you explain why you believe this? and if you have any boosted specific examples, that might just keep this thread on topic...

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    Have a mature argument without name callings, personal attacks, deragatory and/or rascistic comments please.
    what on earth does racisistic mean? ive check a few online dictionaries and couldnt find the meaning
    Last edited by jimmeh; 11-06-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    i think is spose to be sarcastic(sp?).

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by toE

Anyone who wishes to post outside of that can go ahead and do the smart thing and use the PM function we've provided.

Sort your childish bickering outside of this forum.

This is a warning to all who decides to post.
    Hey If I walk up to you in the street and call you names will you ban me from here?.Yes I agree some of the comments where over the top but this is a free country and if someone wants to call you a whatever they will on here or on the street.I think its time you and the other MODS got off the power trip you are all on its turning what was a good forum to one that just SUX.

its a free country but like most places , the basic rules are stated at the front door of this forum Mods enforce and remind where need be. So shush up and keep the replies to the discussion

I ask....as a up and coming "modded car lookign for the better tuneable ECU" ~ what overall (without bias) woudl be the better option ? power FC or Hondata ? IS the power FC the same thing or less or more ? (for discussions sake)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    Just a bit of the subject.
    Is the power FC plug and play compatible with a B18B motor aswell OBD2???
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    i truthfully dont think many people on this forum can answer this without bias because we just dont have the experience to differentiate between two technically. We just just all look and say this or that is better because it looks prettier or is cheaper or whatever. I have seen cars tuned by both and if the tuner knows his sh*t, then both turn out just as good as eachother, Power FC is a very powerful product and has proven itself many times over the years on many cars not just hondas. Its pretty much the ecu of choice for many rotary enthousiasts in the US and also heaps of 200sx owners have one too and i dont see too many complaints from whoever has one BUT, Hondata is also a proven product and has shown its worth over the years also, as it has been used in many pretty tough US drag cars and heaps of street cars world wide. IMO I would think they are much of a muchness and if you are going to get a ecu, get it based on what ur tuner is more experinced with not just which one looks like better value because it will probably bite you in the ass in the end and then if that happens there will be another thread coming up with some sh*t like 'my hondata/power fc is doing (insert whinge here) HELP' which will just add to confusion for everyone looking to invest in an ecu that hasnt already.

You cant just say one is better than the other because until now I havent seen a reason as to why one is 'better'. Its all just been standard internet bs, like i read on this website and i read on that website. None of us here are tuners and cant say accurately what is the better ecu.

I was looking for a long time before i decided what i got (decision isnt important just in case some people will say im biased) but i never saw any problems with either for my dc2r. anyway enough ranting

Quote Originally Posted by BiGANG
    i truthfully dont think many people on this forum can answer this without bias because we just dont have the experience to differentiate between two technically. We just just all look and say this or that is better because it looks prettier or is cheaper or whatever. I have seen cars tuned by both and if the tuner knows his sh*t, then both turn out just as good as eachother, Power FC is a very powerful product and has proven itself many times over the years on many cars not just hondas. Its pretty much the ecu of choice for many rotary enthousiasts in the US and also heaps of 200sx owners have one too and i dont see too many complaints from whoever has one BUT, Hondata is also a proven product and has shown its worth over the years also, as it has been used in many pretty tough US drag cars and heaps of street cars world wide. IMO I would think they are much of a muchness and if you are going to get a ecu, get it based on what ur tuner is more experinced with not just which one looks like better value because it will probably bite you in the ass in the end and then if that happens there will be another thread coming up with some sh*t like 'my hondata/power fc is doing (insert whinge here) HELP' which will just add to confusion for everyone looking to invest in an ecu that hasnt already.

You cant just say one is better than the other because until now I havent seen a reason as to why one is 'better'. Its all just been standard internet bs, like i read on this website and i read on that website. None of us here are tuners and cant say accurately what is the better ecu.

I was looking for a long time before i decided what i got (decision isnt important just in case some people will say im biased) but i never saw any problems with either for my dc2r. anyway enough ranting
    Best post I have read in many months on here.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave
    Best post I have read in many months on here.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    same man

Quote Originally Posted by BiGANG

Can I ask you what Ecu you ended up goin with? If you don't want to post it publicly can you pm me?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    define "tunability", if you see my post above the one you quoted, i asked what "tunability" was so that we could be sure we were comparing the same thing...

in my opinion, a "technically better" object does not necessarily mean the object is best overall for everyone.

or does it in your opinion?

you seem to be implying that Hondata is better than PowerFC?

can you explain why you believe this? and if you have any boosted specific examples, that might just keep this thread on topic...
    I've read and re-read what you wrote, and you've not been drawn into a technical debate, except to ask someone what i've just asked you...

So on that basis, your argument for the PowerFC centres around value for money on OBD2 cars, and not on it being technically superior to the Hondata?

All i have to base my conclusion on is the two PowerFC equipped cars i've seen from OzHonda- both tuned by one of the more talented individuals, and neither car ran as they should have. It's worth comparing *insert user name here* vti-r to my car, very similar mods, with the cams (*insert username here*has CTR cams), ECU and rear mufflers being the only significant differences.
    My car is significantly better in the mid-range and marginally quicker in the top end. I realise it's not a concrete argument, and i wouldn't use the comparison as the sole basis of making the decision... but it is a little food for thought.
    Last edited by ginganggooly; 12-06-2006 at 07:41 PM.