Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1

Civic Offset 45+

Ran into a problem when looking at some new rims. i found the ones i want (speedy lite 7's in gold) and i've found out that the offset is 45. Is that too big for a 1996 EK1 Honda Civic Hatch?? Will there be any scrubbing issues with stock suspension? I will eventually be lowering it about 2-3 inches. I dont want to get them until i know they will fit fine. Does anyone else have a large offset like this??

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by EKCivic96; 16-06-2006 at 12:14 PM.

hey mate, firstly, the stock civic offset is +45 already. Stock size wheels are 14x5.5 +45. Now what you haev to tell us is the specs of the speedy lite 7s. i.e. 17x7? 16x7? etc etc

you shouldn't have any issues with stock suspension. However this may change when lowered due to camber, and inner rubbing, as opposed to outer rubbing.

But to be honest, I don't really see an issue. You can always use 3mm or 5mm spacers but that renders ur car illegal and i would advise against that as such.

Just let us know the specs of the speedys and we'll go from there

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    Thanks for that.

Sorry they are 17x7

mate just did a search for ya, have a look at this - i havent read it all though

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=civic+offset

there were gusyu running 18x7.5 with +45 and no probs lowered, so assuming ur tire is narrower, then u should be OK./
    Last edited by SiReal; 16-06-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    Cheers mate, thanks i was looking for ages and this is exactly what i was looking for. Obviously didnt look hard enough

Thanks again

This thead is over