Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG8/EG4

breeze mantinace

hey guys i just picked up this 1994 civic hatch "breeze/carby" , it looks pretty clean for what it is just the usuall scratchs here and there but apart from that everythings perfect, now i dont really know much about the car and just wanted to ask those who have had one about mantinace, i've never had a carby motor ever lol just wanted to ask when starting the motor do i just warm the motor before i drive or is it ok to just drive straight away koz with my other civic i just waited 1-2 mins den went, is it the same in a carby??
    Also my breaks seem really soggy the lady said she recently changed them but it doesnt seem like it to me, example when im at the stop light i got my foot on the breaks everythings fine then it start to slowly go down further "kinda like a sponge" making me have to depress the pedel further to keep it from rollingm, its like i just did 5 laps at wakefield with stockie breaks and now to just stop i have to go 3/4 of the way, how can i fix this guys. thanking thos in advance.

regards Jace

Member Array
    Congrats on your purchase mate, Its always good to warm up your car when you first start it up especially in cold conditions.. with the brakes it seems like you either need you brake pads or new rotors. good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    i'd let it warm up a bit longer, being a carby. or it may choke while driving.
    sounds like the brake master cylinder is rooted.
    you can buy a rebuild kit for the master cylinder, but if the bore inside where the pistons go in, is marked/damaged too much, there is no point of rebuilding it, it'll just leak again, then you have to change to a new master cylinder.
    to prevent further damaging, check it asap.

the rebuild kit is about $70 i think it was.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8/EG4
    cool thnx integra/destrukshn, how much would it be to just buy a new one so to pervent any other damage and just to be safe i'll replace it with a new item, anyone know about pricing?? Anyone know where i should go to look, anyone nice enough to point me in the right direction lol .

regards Jace

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    you'll find that the Breeze is a very very fuel conservative car.
    it's a nice daily runabout..
    about your brakes..
    maybe try giving it a bleed before u go changing anything else..

in the morning i always gave it about 5mins warm up..
    cuz when it's choking the carby motor doesnt even want to go...(feels like)
    anywayz congrats on the new buy man!!

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yes, try bleeding brakes first, totally forgot about that.
    rebuild kit is about $70
    genuine master cylinder is about $350-400 i think it was
    after market master cylinder is about $150 or so.
    genuine, pm me, i can get it cheap than retail.
    aftermarket, call up a aftermarket spare parts places.
    which area are you in?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8/EG4
    Cool thnx "[[d a n n y]], destrukshn" yeah i think i'll try those things, im in Gleanfield close to the livo area, danny how manh Km's can ya get out of a full tank by the way??

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    well my motor gave away 650ish kays on a full tank of unleaded 50 bucks..
    but yeah that was just driving really really slow lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8/EG4
    hey guys i just had my master break cylinder replaced, i payed $295 supplied and fitted did i get ripped guys or is this how much it usually is??

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8/EG4
    hey guys i just had my master break cylinder replaced, i payed $295 supplied and fitted did i get ripped guys or is this how much it usually is??

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG Gli
    i had exactly same brake problem, got a new master brake cyclinder and it was all fixed, i picked mine up for $120 cheap one but im selling it soon

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by all_motor_baby
    OEM or aftermarket part?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan