Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it worth 3 times as much?

I'm in the market to buy a car and have been looking at EG5's and dc2r's.

I really like the shape of the EG, but i just adore the dc2r proportions. The dc2r is faster, more agile, better built and has a proper boot which can store my shit. The EG isn't so fast, but it is still agile, of good build quality and 1/3 the price of a dc2r. I regularly carry golf clubs so I'd probably need to put them somewhere. I'm assuming that I can just fit them into the back seat of an EG.

I can get away with third party + fire and theft (~$550) on an EG but I'd have to go full comp on a dc2r (~$1600).

I'm planning to do minimal mods to either of them and would keep the car for 2-3 years.

The question I wanna ask is, in your opinion, is the dc2r worth three times as much as an EG5 Si/vti?

The other thing is that I'm not really into EK's or dc2 vti-r's. So its either the eg5 or dc2r...
    Last edited by dan_lee; 24-06-2006 at 09:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    depends if you want performance or not.

if your just after a nice run about that looks good and handles well.

i would just stick with the eg vti - even a vtir if you can find it.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

If your after a easy daily driver, an EG VTi is great, if your after performance then the Teggy for sure
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Only 2-3 years? Get the EG and keep the money to go towards the next car.

But whats wrong with the dc2 vtir? Its probably quicker than the EG5's anyway.

ps. I'm selling my EG Si for around $5000 with 250,000km and still runs well. Silver, 15" sparcos, lowered with body kit. PM if interested.
    Last edited by EuroDude; 25-06-2006 at 01:18 AM.
    .© ♪

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    vti dc2 ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    For people who likes DC2R YES!!!

For people who likes Eg5 NO!!!

i wouldnt go for either personally ifi was u
    if ur gonna b using it for a normal drivearound type of car with leisurely golf days in mind dont get a "track inspired" itr
    and an eg wont fit much and they are getting very long in the tooth.
    y dont u consider a vtir prelude or a civic sedan.

i'll track it whenever track days come around and take it to the drags every so often too. i just need the flexibility of being able to carry a smallish load (which the EG can do too) once in a while.

Member Array
    Car:
    1976 VW Kombi
    if u get the dc2r, i dont think u'd want to have it for only 2 - 3 years...u'd want to keep it for longer.....until u can upgrade to something better.

also, if ur gonna keep the car for only 2-3 yrs, there's not much point modding it, after all, ur gonna sell it.

if u want something a bit more affordable, as EuroDude said, dc2 vtir, someway similar to dc2r. or consider the 4th generation prelude.
    InTEGRA TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2dc2dc2
    vti dc2 ?
    touche sry I meant "vtir".
    ~post edited.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    For only 2 years, I would suggest u to buy EG.Its cheap and wont drop the price as faster as DC2R.

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    i'd get the dc2r since ur gonna do minimal mods, u can take the itr to the track stock without any probs
    They won't let me on the plane, cos i'm the bomb!

www.austeg.com