Thread: Can ne1 help??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord

Can ne1 help??

ive got a 96 accord and sometimes when i lock my car it makes this funny noise like its trying to lock and unlock its self... if anyone has had the problem before and has fixed it, could you please let me know...

do you have central locking? it sounds like its not working properly as if one of the doors isn't fully closed trying to lock it. If you do have central locking, it could be a problem with your central locking.
    blah blah blah

Its sounds like the central locking unit in that door is gone man, my parents had the same problem like you press the button, a strange drilling type sound comes up then that door unlocks itself...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Before you go and replace a bunch of stuff pull the door panels and clean the lock mechanism and lock bars then lube it up. Might just be stuck or dirty!

Member Array
    Car:
    99 em1 baby!
    yeh the door actuator things... pull your door apart and you'll see a pump looking kinda thing with a metal rod sticking out attatched to the locking system.. just lube that up a lil

Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    Before you go and replace a bunch of stuff pull the door panels and clean the lock mechanism and lock bars then lube it up. Might just be stuck or dirty!
    +PQ points for u!

Do this before spending money, for your own sake.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.