Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1994 Vtis

1994 Vtis

Hi guys,

Looking at buying a 1994 accord vtis. What are these animals like performace wise? fuel wise?

Thinking of trading in my bmw but i dont want to go a step down. I have had honda's in the past and know they are built like tanks and very reliable if looked after.

Anyone here have a series 5 vtis or know much about them?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    I had a VTi 95 model once. MT

power was OK, nuthing flash. I always wished it went better. I had H22A transplant toughts.

its was an awome car, loved every part of it. on the freeway I got over 800kms to 55l fuel. eg Adel to melb on one tank of fuel.

loved it.

what km's should the timing belt have been changed? around 100,000km's?

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    hey mate, welcome aboard.

If you do a search there have been quite a few discussions about purchasing a CD5 accord.

As for the timing belt, if you are buying from a dealer, get them to change it regardless. I had them change mine at 165,000 when I picked up my accord even though it wouldn't 'have' to be done for about 1 1/2 - 2 years with how much I was driving it.

I wouldn't leave it until 100K, I would probably change it around 90K it you were going to do it.

Raz

the dealership wont change it bro

i called honda and provided them to VIN number and asked if they have any record of the timing belt ever being changed.. they couldn't even find the VIN. I thought all honda dealerships have a general system they can check the history of any car for reasons like recalls or whatever..

Member Array
    Car:
    meh, that's pretty average service. I would have thought that as a potential buyer they would be a bit flexible, afterall it won't cost them any labour charges.

How many km's has it got?

Raz

the car is an automartic 1994 vtis qwith 142,000 km's on the clock. leather is immaculate condition.. so i believe the km's would be genuine. full service history has been stamped in the logbook (although i dont have the car yet and therefore cannot call that actual honda dealer to confirm timing belt has been repleaced).. you would assume its mandatory for a service.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ah, if they have proof it's been changed they probably won't at that km. I thought you we approaching 100k.

However I personally wouldn't buy it if there was no record of it being changed and they wouldn't do it.

Raz

Banned Array
    Car:
    2006 Honda Euro Luxury
    The 1994-95 Honda Accord VTI-S is a more luxury version from the VTI. Fairly good vehicles. The thing that I like most is that the steering is really soft and it consumes very little fuel.

how many km's do you get to a full tank?

Banned Array
    Car:
    2006 Honda Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by sabih
    how many km's do you get to a full tank?

Are you asking me?

It's been a while, but a full tank (back in those days) cost me around $45.00 to fill up and it last around 100km's+. The trick is to ride the accelator only need me and be cheap when you roll. But that's just me, cheap.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    the timming belt should be replaced every 100 000kms or every 5 years.