Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import a civic?

Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    As I understand it, the s15's that were imported, were done so before the Australian s15 was released.
    You can import S15s the years that they werent available here. Example. They started selling S15s here in 99-00 so you could import S15s pre 99-00

Same goes with RX7s. You can import anything after 99 when the stopped selling them here.

I WISH i could import a Type R Civic. Man would that be awesome.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 Si civic
    u can now import the ep3 type r...just not ek9

Yep, EP3 qualifies because the EP3 body is unique to Australia as Australia has only Sedans of that year model...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Yes, the EP3 Type R is on the SEVS register but no RAWS workshops yet have gone through the process to bring one in.

I researched this a fair bit, I've imported a Stagea and soon some R33's to sell. Just wish I could bring in a EK Type R.

mmmm ek i guess that goes for the same as the jdm itr

Quote Originally Posted by weezer
    You can import S15s the years that they werent available here. Example. They started selling S15s here in 99-00 so you could import S15s pre 99-00

Same goes with RX7s. You can import anything after 99 when the stopped selling them here.
    ahh so that's how it works. u CAN import a car which was sold here but not during its production run in australia.

Yep, thats so it qualifies for its specialty/unique/rarity to the Australian market but of course you could always go with the personal import 1 year of ownership hehe
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Not as easy as it sounds, you need to prove that the car has been driven etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    You can import EK9 and EP3 into Australia. But it must be private import.
    You gotta have been owned 1 year in overseas at least then you can bring to here.