Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Hey all u gusy with modded civics here... do u actually tell ur insurer u've got aftermarket i/h/e, computer, etc?

does it matter? my friend goes that if u mod ur car, and u dont tell the insurer...all that happens is that if nething happens is the insurer doesnt account ur parts into the insurance... basically...

If i insure an EK i get an ek, fact that my 1000 dollar exhuast got smashed esont matter... cos i didnt write ti down

neone confrim.?

JustCars for me (21) insuring a boosted EK sedan is $914/pa. I'm pretty sure the agreed value is $18K. Big mags and aftermarket suspension doesn't make the insurance any more; I've already asked them.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    wow... are u serious? but they are bitches when it comes to paying out arent they? thats wot i heard... u had ne accidents befre?

nah cos i'm already with RACV... just wanted to know whether i need to tell them about I/H/E mods? and i dont wanan ring em up cos they keep asking quesitons...

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ
    well i just re-insured my car with the GIO and they didnt car about the stuff on there (well it didnt cost me any extra).. but if its listed on the policy means i can have it back in an accident (ie stereo/wheels)

as for things that actually enhance your peformance i dunno. call your insurer without telling them who you are (like as a general enquiry) and ask them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Or you can ask - "if i get an exhaust......"

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Just cover it, or they may not cover you at all stating that your accident was caused by your particular part. They certainly dont pay out if you have chopped springs, so I assume they are the same for all aspects. Like VTEC16 said, give them a ring and find out. Easiest way, and will cover your ass in the long run..

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    I'm insured with AAMI - and I've got an EK. Now, they tell me that if I do ANYTHING to my car - ie audio, foggies, wheels or performance, I have to tell them - I have like up to 8 mods at my disposal. They also say especially for performance mods like CAI, ehaust and things like that you gotta tell them in advance - for two reasons.

1. They may choose not to insure you with the mods you plan to add to your car, especially young male drivers.

2. They will NOT cover you when you're in an accident, because your car is not how it was described and you are actually not adhering to the contract you have with your insurer and are therefore not covered.

So the lesson to be learned in all of this - is to bloody well tell them dude or you will be super ****ed! :P

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    $1800 with justcars and unlimited modifications. Insurance is always more expensive in Sydney.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    2700 with fortron, underwritten by NRMA my mum and myself both listed, however my mum had 5 fines so yeh, bit expensive. hah. insurance expires next month, i'll post once again on my new policy.

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    if u insure ur car and u dont tel them let say u got 18z on ur civic right? and u dont tell them that, u will have all sorts of problems like my bro when he smashed his coupe vti-r he had 18z and the nrma hasnt even payed him yet,they didnt pay him because the rims he had on his car were illegal (come on 18z on a civic ) and they started questioning him about lack of control of the vehicle and sh*t like that they were trying to cya later

you "should", tell ur insurer about any mods....insurance companies being insurance companies, will try to find any reason not to approve your claim.
    Some of their claim assessors wont really give too much of a shit about cai/exhuast/etc.....but any major mods (incl wheels)..you should tell em.
    end of the day...if u have too make a claim and they wont approve it cuz u didnt tell them about ur exhaust or whatever...dont whinge to them, they wont care. tough cookies...read the contract

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    ahhhhh i getya...jsut that if i ring and go... >>IF<< i get so and so..