Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have a look at this

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46075

was posted a little while ago on things to look for to tell if its a real type R!

Hope it helps and good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Is the cabin noise really loud whilst driving as the reviews say?
    It is louder than other cars due to no sound deadening, however you get used to it and it sounds so sweet...

How to tell that it is a genuine type r?
    B18C7 engine with LSD, badge number under handbrake, recaro seats, 5 lug wheels, full interior (steering wheel, cf inserts, etc), and easiest way is to bring an ITR owner with you to inspect and drive it...

Are the type R's all suppose to hav red coloured calipers? (as the one i looked at didnt)
    They're not supposed to have coloured calipers AND the 1999 and 2000 model ITR had grey calipers, whereas the 2001 models had their calipers "gold" plated to prevent rust...

What are common issues with it?
    There shouldn't really be any as it is a well built car. But theft of badges and seats is a common issue... Gears crunching and eating oil is two of the most common issues I hear about, but most should have no issues at all...

Anything in particular i should look at when purchasing one?
    Check that it has been serviced every 10000 kms, but most ITR owners do at least an oil change every 5000kms.

Thanks for everyones reply.

Im going to have the car checked out by my mechanic tomorrow. Will ask for a full compression check and so forth. Hopefully it all goes through well with no problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    should save urself a few hundred by jus gettin someone who has owned an ITR and can test it for you.. compression tests are a waste cos u can easily tell urself if the cylinders arent firing properly..

jus get the normal road inspection if u really want.. but screw the comp test

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Try this thread,

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699

Basically answers majority or questions to do with ALL Integras.
    If that doesnt help, try the threads that ppl have posted up for ya.

Search is ur best friend
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

they also dont have a sunroof, thats a pretty good way to start off =]

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo6298
    they also dont have a sunroof, thats a pretty good way to start off =]
    mine does... it comes as a dealer option after the car hits australian shores.. but your right.. straight from the factory they do not have sunroofs.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by arron
    carbon fibre except for the passenger side air vent. Strange but true
    lol yeah
    its a weird one, like they forgot one side only
    in every type r its like that
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Quote Originally Posted by Iwishiwasa Type R
    mine does... it comes as a dealer option after the car hits australian shores.. but your right.. straight from the factory they do not have sunroofs.
    didnt know that, ive never seen a real type r with a sunroof. but they are cool so i dont know why you wouldnt want one

take one for a drive.

when i took one for a drive, i didn't mind the cabin noise, suspension setup or steering weight. it was just a really well balanced car.