Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06

[Euro]Scratched Tint

We all know the dramas with the scratching of the tint on our Euros. There are two fixes I know of, having researched through the forums. The primary one is the application of felt to the door rubber somewhere. The secondary is to attempt to smooth off the rubber seal.

I have had the tint scratch twice now. After 1st time, dealer refunded me tint cost cause the service dept told us the sales dept should never have offered it.

2nd time was today after I had a tint company claim they knew how to fix it. They removed the rough surface from the rubber in the door trim. But today it failed again.

Can someone who has had the felt modification done, please detail their outcomes and placement of it. Also, is there a required thickness to this felt and does it create a level of drag or resistance on the window motor which can cause damage later on. And can somebody who has had this done for a fair while confirm that it definately works please.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    The felt works - what more can I say? I have had it for almost 3 years now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Thanks Yfin!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Tint mob here in Tamworth have made some calls after my advice from this forum and have ordered me some felt which they hope to have in the next week.

I will give some feedback as to the result. They reckon it is very thin.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Good work Woogler - so who is paying for the felt and the retint for the 3rd time?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro STD BLU
    i have had windows re tinted 3 times and felt applied twice the 1st felt pet water streak marks on the inside of the windown due to condensation in the door so i requested it removed until they found a different way of getting around it and just had the windows re tinted and re felted last thursday waiting to see how it goes now

My tint was replaced by the dealer. Seems to be fine now. Not sure what they did though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    The dealer wiped their hands of it upon giving me a cheque! It will only cost me the price of the felt and the one piece of replacement film on the drivers window. Cost is unknown as the felt hasn't arrived yet.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    umm... ok i got myeuro yesterday and was gonna get it tinted... what is this problem you guys speak of?!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by deeps
    umm... ok i got myeuro yesterday and was gonna get it tinted... what is this problem you guys speak of?!
    Read the 1st and 2nd post above.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    yep i got scratches too. Dealer replaced the tint the first time now i noticed scratches are back again....hmmmm

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Just an informational note to all..

There are two known ways that I have found out to prevent the window tint from scratching..

These are from several tint professionals and some franchises used the two different ways..

1. Felt which in my opinion is the best way out
    2. Bending the metal strip that is known to be the cause of the scratch away from the window. Now the drawback from this from several owners and tinters is that wind and road noise will increase slightly in the interior...

CHEERS
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru