Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux

Euro Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror

Hey there

I have had a bit of a look around and, as I am new to the "modding" scene, have found no useful info. I was hoping one of you could point me to a supplier of this cool item (retailer? forgeddit!).

I am about to try a Harmon Kardon iDrive (yes I have the SNHOND3 loom) install and thought I would add a gadgety mirror addition to my fiddle (if it is possible to install by an amateur).

Ta

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    which state you from?
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    We have a new section "where to buy" - but I seriously have no idea what you are looking for...

a gadgety mirror addition to my fiddle (if it is possible to install by an amateur).

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    He wants a Euro Lux auto-dim mirror on his Euro Std. And so do I
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux
    Hey folk

I have a Euro Lux 2004.
    I live in Victoria.
    I titled this thread "Euro Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror" because that is what I am looking for...
    Last edited by Rubber; 19-07-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    ok I have moved it back to the accord forum now I understand you better

Perhaps another way of putting your question - is whether or not someone has put the lux mirror on the standard and how it was done , aye?

What are the benefits of this auto dim mirror? Never seen it work.

As for finding one - surely a wrecker would have one but not sure how these are wired up
    Last edited by yfin; 19-07-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    hmm yes what are the benefits? I have the euro lux, and it has auto dimmin mirror but i've only had it for one night and dint have any issues...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Since when did the Euro Lux have auto dimming mirrors?? I feel robbed every time I hear about the new revisions

Auto dimming mirrors, I assume you're talking about rear view mirrors that automatically dim when it gets too bright at night cos of other driver's headlight.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I think it's a 2006 Euro feature.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    It's new in the 2006 lux model -- and they are absolutely fantastic. I thought they were a bit wanky when I first read about them, and wasn't overly concerned about it as a feature -- but they are really good.

Instead of either being blinded by headlights behind you, or having to flip the dimmer so all you see is dim lights and nothing else, the autochromatic mirror automatically takes the glare out (I presume it works similar to those glasses that change with light) -- no dazzle from the headlights but you can still see everything else clearly -- it just seems to take on a greenish tinge.

It is a seriously under-rated feature!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux
    Are they a wired-up or self contained unit?
    Running wires around the windscreen seems a little difficult, but the wiper-detector is right there...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    The unit may just need a 12v power source, so you should be able to tap into an existing 12v line in the roof to power the mirror, but you would want a 12v power source that is only powered when the car is "ON" so the battery does not drain overnight, in which case you could probably tap into the sunroof power line.

Not sure about mounting the unit, I would imagine it wont be too hard with minimal mods.
    .© ♪