Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Prelude VTI-R

Problem with the Civic CVT (Syd)

Hi,
    I've got a 97 Civic VTi with the CVT transmission. There are a lot of problems and I spent a lot of time to fight with the dealer about all the problems.
    The dealer replaced the start clutch, lower valve body and PCU of the car due to the symptom of surging and suddering when take off. Luckily I got this fixed for free (with a lot of compliant to Honda about this famous CVT problems).
    There is one problem left until now. It's doing like bunny hop when you let the accelerator goes and try to re-accelerate especially btn revs 1500-2000 and when the car is cold.
    Can anyone give me some sort of idea what the problem might be? I have also replaced the spark plug leads and requested the dealer to clean the fuel injectors in regards to this problem as an isolation but symptom still persist.
    I've also been advised that to modify this CVT to a 4-speed auto would be a permanent fix. Anyone knows what place in Sydney does a good job for this conversion and at a good price?
    Your response is much appreciated!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    From here: http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41797&page=5
    Jazz CVT's jerkiness could be from a faulty EGR valve. There is also a CVT fluid now instead of using the regular ATF stuff.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Prelude VTI-R
    Hi,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Excuse my limited experience. What is the full name of this EGR vlave? Is this valve inside the transmission assembly?

Find it out now. It stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. However, don't know how much would it cost to fix though.
    Last edited by raylo; 20-07-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You can call up mechanics and get a quote. Try Hanny's.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2