Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Yeah it is quite a common problem. I haven't had a prob yet but then I've travelled less than 20,000km in less than 3 years. But I heard it in a mates car and it was just as Penguin described!

Might be an idea to get it back to Honda before the warranty is up later this year especially if they have issued a TSB - might have to look in to that.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26
    has Honda fixed it yet? i've been curious what causes rear bearing failure on fwd cars...
    the bearings are really small thats what my mech told me when i went for a drive with him after my car had been serviced.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    I think I have to get mine checked aswell. I thought it was just noisy tyres. But i swapped the tyres into my stock ones and it's still doing that annoying humming... it's louder at certain speeds.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    Yes my suspicions was right. It was the wheel bearing... passenger side rear... I got Hanny's to change it.

Member Array
    Car:
    MB C200 and FN2R
    If you've changed springs...will the warranty be void if u bring it back for an inspectino for the wheel bearings??

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    They probably tell you that the wheel bearing broke cause of the lowered suspension and then they wont honour your warranty claim. That's why I just went straight to my mechanic instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    MB C200 and FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by ^CarBoy^
    They probably tell you that the wheel bearing broke cause of the lowered suspension and then they wont honour your warranty claim. That's why I just went straight to my mechanic instead.
    but if u go straight to your mechanic, how did u claim honda warranty???

or can other mechanics do that??

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    i didnt claim warranty... i dont really care about warranty.. I dont think they going to honour it if they see my Jazz man... bhwawbhabhab.. I didn't bother.

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    I was surprised that they did my bearings under warranty because the Jazz is running on 16" wheels. Technically that increases the stress on the bearing because the tyres are wider and the track of the car has increased.

Carboy, how much did the bearings cost you?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    racinghonda: $200

Member Array
    Car:
    MB C200 and FN2R
    i just got mine replaced..dropped it off @ 8:15am and they called me at 3pm and said it was ready...the car is so much quieter now.

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansquad
    i just got mine replaced..dropped it off @ 8:15am and they called me at 3pm and said it was ready...the car is so much quieter now.
    lol damn thats pretty long .. usually if u had tools and part ready prolly just like a 45 min job