Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    try jumpstarting it to test for battery/starter
    try push/clutch starting it for above also, BUT, if at the moment you dump the clutch the the car doesn't like... your engine may very well be seized!!

have you checked for oil levels? could've leaked gradually say through your crank seal hence killing the engine...

as mentioned it could be the coil..but more than likely you will find the car will bunny hop before stalling. Second hand coils shouldn't be too bad if you can source. Let us know what mechanic says.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    the engine is toast. for whatever reason u lost oil pressure and now everything is ruined. start looking for another, dont even bother with a mechanic checkup its just a waste of $100

sorry about the massive delay. if anyone cares had to get new engine cost $1600 sucks a lot cos it was only meant to be a runaround to get to work was gonna get something nicer to do up. thanks for everyones help!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    TIMING BELTTTTTTT
    engine = fcukt
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    So what was the cause of the problem?
    Same thing happened to my car, tensioner bearing collapsed, affecting timing belt. Got it towed to hanny's for 120 from Chatswood, and he replaced the bearing and timing belt for 200 or so.., nothing else was ****ed, thank god!! heheheh

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    hectick im so gona get a rep for this..
    ok dude.. first thing pop ur hood.. look for ur pully
    the main one
    which the crank shaft spins check if its loose by wobbling it if thats the case all ur belts would be off snaped or etc..
    ur crank shaft should be chewing itself out..ur gonna probably have to get it machined and its not cheap..

were u driving and all of a sudden it just battery light poped on and there was no power steering??
    i stake my life on it that it was the crank shaft and the pulleys fault.. as it causes the car to snap the belts n stuff.. that tapping noise was soft and gets louder then when it got really loud it all snaped thus ur alternator belts and powersteering

well it is cheaper to put a new motor in the car then to recondition it

rep me mods 1+
    Last edited by RMN15N; 25-07-2006 at 04:50 PM.
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    all i can say is.. you got a good excuse to get a b18c7 conversion

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    As luzinit (& RMN15N tried) to explain, there may be a problem with a pulley/crank bearing.

I remember a common problem in the 4AG toyota engines was the crank pulley stub to wear down. This would then cause a (+/-) timing change to occur on the go. Effects of this are gradual power loss with throttle change, which eventually ceases up the motor. Tapping sound could be coming from either the loose pulley/crank bearing as it spins (relative to revs).

Could also be oil pressure, as this could be another reason for the sound. However, this would be a worse option. If I were you id get them both checked out (Edit: unless youve already bought the engine!). Should be easy to detect an oil pressure drop, check the block/seals for leaks, put a large piece of cardboard under the car for a night - check next morning, even for a drop.
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincam16
    As luzinit (& RMN15N tried) to explain, there may be a problem with a pulley/crank bearing.

I remember a common problem in the 4AG toyota engines was the crank pulley stub to wear down. This would then cause a (+/-) timing change to occur on the go. Effects of this are gradual power loss with throttle change, which eventually ceases up the motor. Tapping sound could be coming from either the loose pulley/crank bearing as it spins (relative to revs).

Could also be oil pressure, as this could be another reason for the sound. However, this would be a worse option. If I were you id get them both checked out (Edit: unless youve already bought the engine!). Should be easy to detect an oil pressure drop, check the block/seals for leaks, put a large piece of cardboard under the car for a night - check next morning, even for a drop.
    sorry dude, my vocab isnt that great. the way u explained it was how my post was ment to sound.
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    nah you knew what you were talkin about but was hard to understand...
    i gave you rep point though... because you asked for it...
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincam16
    nah you knew what you were talkin about but was hard to understand...
    i gave you rep point though... because you asked for it...
    can i get one too