Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    hmm, will the tint companies know what to do with this felt? Anyone got a price yet to get it 'felted' up or whatever. I imagine it wouldn't be too expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Mine is getting done today. I will post the process and cost tonight

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by deeps
    hmm, will the tint companies know what to do with this felt? Anyone got a price yet to get it 'felted' up or whatever. I imagine it wouldn't be too expensive.
    Tell them your car has no felt on the inside and you want it installed. If they are pulling the door panels out to install the tints, then it won't cost much to install the felt. Otherwise, it'll cost heaps more.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    ok awesome. I assume they'll have felt in stock and i won't have to warn them before hand?

meh, i'll do that just in case when i ring up

Woogler, can you also tell me what company you're getting it done with?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    All done! Now a waiting game to see if it scratches. Took 3 weeks last time, but that was without the felt. It cost me $110 to have a new piece of film fitted and the felt fitted to all 4 doors.

I will update the progrees weeky.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    I used the window for the first time today and it put 3 deep scratches down the film!!!! Now the only option left is to cut the rubber away from the door trim. Any ideas what it is there for? Noise perhaps?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    ohh

Unfortunate

I called up tint a car, and they said $400 for formula one. They said they can do $350. But i have a 50% offer, so i can get it done for $200.

Also asked him about the felt, and he said there shoulnd't be a need. He said they've done a few. Anyway he said that once they open up they'll check.

Do you have a warranty on your tint?

Also, would you kindly get me a picture of this scratched tint? HOw bad is it?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    There is no warranty on the tint because it is the "Honda" that is scratching the tint. I will try and take a pic and post it up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Guys,

All that is left is for me is to have the rubber strip, about 2 centimetres down from the top of the door trim shaved or removed. Can anyone give me opinons as to what this rubber strip is for please, before I decide to go ahead with it or have my tint removed for good.

Here is the response I got from dealership when I quizzed them re scratched tint.

"sometimes grim or sand gets in between the seals and when window goes up and down you can get a scratch on tint" "tint companies do not offer warranty on scratched tint" I stated that reasearch has shown that its a common fault with the euro and can be as a result of the metal clip etc.. They responded that "HA feels tinting is not required as the glass is heat absorbing and tinted" I respond the glass is coloured never the less you endorse tinting vehicle via defense pack at point of sale for vehicle at the dealership. You are therefore selling a product with fully knowledge of possible implications. No response just a slight gasp.

Ben
    Don't tell me it cant be done..

There is ALWAYS a way!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogler
    Guys,

All that is left is for me is to have the rubber strip, about 2 centimetres down from the top of the door trim shaved or removed. Can anyone give me opinons as to what this rubber strip is for please, before I decide to go ahead with it or have my tint removed for good.
    You could get some additional noise on the freeway if you remove it.

You are the first person I have heard that the felt didnt work. Who is doing the tint for you?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    A company in Tamworth, Body Guard. They are doing their best. Yesterday they shaved a very small amount of thickness off the strip. They did not cut it off as we considered the noise intrusion into the cabin may be significant.

There is a test square piece of film on the window now which will stay there for 2 weeks to see if it scratches again.

The felt was placed back on the strip.