Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg

prelude type r engine in a civic eg!

u guys recon thats a good engine conversion?

preludes only came in type s

woudl b pretty good tho

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    depends what you want, your gonna have no air con & power steering, alot of power but yeah. would be nice to see though

Isn't the old Type R engine just an H22 and the new a K20A?

there is no new prelude

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Just bought an EG with an H22A JDM Prelude engine conversion!

Pick it up this Saturday night! Haven't driven it yet but had a friend drive it... Has p/steering but no air-con, I'm going to try to rectify that though!

Anyone else know of any H22A converted Civics in Oz? I've seen the TwinTurbo yellow one at wollowbank but none other than that... except that one with a red/white rocker cover which was just sold or something. And online has that 1990 CRX with n/a H22A running 10's!!!

If you read about the on US websites you'll see that it's not a super easy operation, but it's just buying the right parts, taking it one step at a time and doing it right... easier on an EG than EF cars! and ... with the motor being only 35lbs (16kg) heavier than a B16A (owned one of those SiR2's for 6 years!) there's not really a lot of other negatives apart from space for a/c... Bring on that n/a snarl and VTEC bark!

iijjee

There are some floating around OH, not common but not unusual either
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    umm Bearfootbanzi... i think he did a h22a conversion into a EG sedan.. but not sure
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    Teal Mx5
    I see this EG civic is gonna be used for QTR mile attacks?
    With an engine like that guess it cant be tracked.
    Row row row your boat

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    I can't see why it couldn't be a track car... From what I've read the extra 16 kg over the front wheels (similar weight to put fat chrome 17's on your front end!) it will understeer a little, but mainly due to the torque... where a B18C or B16A only makes wheel-spinning power in the 5500rpm+ rev range, the H22a can have traction issues from 3500rpm. With the right susp. and tyres, I'm sure it would have potential... and on the straights and sweepers.....mmmmmmmm!!!!

It's not a cast iron V8 though, just a 2.2! Smaller in size and weight than a Mazda 3 engine, and probably a standard EJ20T. If balance was paramount though, you'd try and build up a B series though, yes. In standard engine form though there wouldn't be many tracks in Oz where the B16 would have a chance if weights were within a few kg's I wouldn't think. I've owned a B16A EG and when I get my H22 the weekend I'll tell you my impressions!

I'm not after track or strip, although I've tried both and either would be a blast, I just want a fun, quick sleeper for everyday use and the odd mountain BLAT

iijjee
    Last edited by iijjee; 26-07-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    tell us how it goes definitely...try to be unbiased =)

Member Array
    Car:
    RustBox
    Quote Originally Posted by spetz
    Isn't the old Type R engine just an H22 and the new a K20A?
    nah the old type R engine's are b18c's = 1.8L
    ٩( ͡๏̯͡๏)۶ www.crxaustralia.com ಠ_ಠ