Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    89 legond
    well i would but i dont have alot of money atm as i have a house and i am getting marided next year

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Civic VTI-R Hatch
    Hey guy's,
    I'm just thinking about buying a 94 Sedan. I have herd they are heavy on fuel but read here there not bad untill you start driving them hard, anyone got figures on fuel consuption.
    Is there anything else I should know about them that goes wrong or should be considered before purchase, what $ may need to be spent. It's got 140KMs and yep its an Auto 3.2L.
    Cheers for any info
    Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Audi S5/05 Audi A6
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-r steve
    Hey guy's,
    I'm just thinking about buying a 94 Sedan. I have herd they are heavy on fuel but read here there not bad untill you start driving them hard, anyone got figures on fuel consuption.
    Is there anything else I should know about them that goes wrong or should be considered before purchase, what $ may need to be spent. It's got 140KMs and yep its an Auto 3.2L.
    Cheers for any info
    Steve
    just make sure you get your harmonic balancer looked at, mine failed at about 240.000kms. the rubber ring that its mounted too came loose and sliped. i had it replaced with a type II balancer that is all metal so theres no rubber for it too come loose. other than that i cant think of any thing, ive had mine for 3years and its been a fantastic car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Legend
    at BP Ultimate prices like $1.40 or something my Sedan ('92) takes about $70 to fill up max...

goes f*cking hard though got quite a few modifications on it and tuned pretty well

clocked nearly 190,000 km's and started having problems at around 160,000 but my sister had the car back then and didn't attend to the car's problems, she thrashed the sh*t out of it...

got it back today actually and goes even harder than it did before, lost to a 300ZX TT that launched when i didn't and i was only a car length behind before he turned off... he must be thinking he's king d*ck now lol

anyways, back to the point.. expect to pay $70-$80 a weeks worth of driving (assuming fuel is around $1.40 p/L)

my car is also same as your's in engine capacity being a 3.2L auto

good luck buddy, just get a wet and dry compression test and a test drive to check and make sure everything is fine and a 100 point check...

hope that helped!

Andy

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Audi S5/05 Audi A6
    [/QUOTE]goes f*cking hard though got quite a few modifications on it and tuned pretty well[/QUOTE]

what mods do you have?. have you had it dynoed at all?.

[/QUOTE]clocked nearly 190,000 km's and started having problems at around 160,000 but my sister had the car back then and didn't attend to the car's problems, she thrashed the sh*t out of it...[/QUOTE]

what problems have you had with yours?.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Civic VTI-R Hatch
    Thanks for the info guy's it's all a help at this stage.

Still not sure if I want to sell my current run around car (non Honda), have a mate wanting to buy it and I would need to replace it with something nice.

I didn't think there would be to many problems with the Legend, afterall it is a Honda... Just a bit concerned about fuel consumtion compared to current car as I will be driving it daily.

I will let you know how I go.
    Cheers
    Steve

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Legend
    goes f*cking hard though got quite a few modifications on it and tuned pretty well[/QUOTE]

what mods do you have?. have you had it dynoed at all?.

[/QUOTE]clocked nearly 190,000 km's and started having problems at around 160,000 but my sister had the car back then and didn't attend to the car's problems, she thrashed the sh*t out of it...[/QUOTE]

what problems have you had with yours?.[/QUOTE]
    mods...

FULL custom Genie exhaust with extractors and all that bullsh*t...
    FULL custom BOSE home theatre throughout the whole car
    Apex'i SAFC with Apex'i CAI
    17'' RG Lightweights (10 spoke, no dish... they were put on ages ago when dish wasn't cool )

stock leather and woodgrain with sunroof and other usual Legend standard features
    lol also have an S2000 'Engine Start' button
    lowered only at the front with a custom front lip... will lower the rear end soon!

one day old rebuilt motor; new pistons, rings, valves, cams, port and polished, fuel pump and water pump

and to be honest i think that's all i can think of.. i'm sure there is more to it but not for now... will update if i can come up with it and nope... no dyno yet... really want 200hp (atw) but i am most likely dreaming, goes REALLY hard though... haven't actually let the engine run through yet (being the idiot that i am) and a 300ZX TT wanted a run, launched whereas i didn't but silly me tried to catch up... got within a cars length but couldn't make it before he turned off... kind of embarassing

anyways.. what kind of problems?

i don't know what is common in Legend's problem-wise but what happened to mine was i had a cracked piston valve? (well my sister did) and the radiator wasn't to right...

my sister thought that it was just using up more oil and coolant so every morning she would put in a bit more before she'd leave to wherever, what she didn't know is that it was just getting bigger anf bigger (the crack) and ended up leaving me with black / grey smoke for nearly half a year, didn't have the $$$ to fix it but when you save enough for a rebuild it should last another generation i think...

if you are still 'iffy' about it just buy it man, they are one of the smoothest cars out there and look the sh*t, some people that look don't even know what it is until they see the badge on the back... besides the norm of people telling me it looks decent i have even had natives say it's nice, now that's got to be saying something?

all the best dude, hope i didn't rant too long for you

Andy

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Audi S5/05 Audi A6
    Apex'i SAFC with Apex'i CAI.
    where the hell did u find extractors! ive looked seriously every where no one makes them, un less u go custom. i want pics or ban :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 Honda Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FEI
    Apex'i SAFC with Apex'i CAI.
    Got any picture of the headers and your car?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Legend
    hey guys...

yeah everything has been done custom, i am in WA and all work was carried out with all Genie stuff.. everything mechanical done by XSpeed...

for the Legend you can't find sh*t... my mechanic wanted more parts but said they were too hard to find so what i could get as part of my rebuild was what i had to settle for... everything i got as part of the package wasn't necessary but was cheap if i got new parts so i decided to get more anyways...

haven't had any time to take pictures of late, when i do i will be sure to do so but i am hell busy lately and i am being serious :P

thanks,

Andy