Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir

changing parker lights for a 4th gen

hey guys

i dont have the owners manual and was wondering how do i change my parkers!

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Im assuming you mean the ones in the headlights..
    Pop up the bonnet, check behind the headlight and find out which one is the parker, then take off the leads and the rubber thing and pull out the parker light and replace.
    When puttin the new ones in, remember not to touch the bulb with your fingers as the oil from ur fingers can heat up when the parkers r on n they will burn out.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    you can touch the parker globes, it is safe.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    only the zenon globes u cannot touch coz they run supre hot and ur oils will burn a hole through it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarks
    Im assuming you mean the ones in the headlights..
    Pop up the bonnet, check behind the headlight and find out which one is the parker, then take off the leads and the rubber thing and pull out the parker light and replace.
    When puttin the new ones in, remember not to touch the bulb with your fingers as the oil from ur fingers can heat up when the parkers r on n they will burn out.
    hmm i sorta get what you mean, but the parkers arent near my headlights, theyre on tehe side.

so im not sure how to get to my parkers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude H22A Turbo
    im assuming yours is an AUDM model prelude. open your bonnet. there will be a screw right at the top of the braket of the parkers. unscrew that, and move the parker outwards and jiggle it, it should come right out.

ps. im pretty sure theres only one screw.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted_andy
    im assuming yours is an AUDM model prelude. open your bonnet. there will be a screw right at the top of the braket of the parkers. unscrew that, and move the parker outwards and jiggle it, it should come right out.

ps. im pretty sure theres only one screw.
    damn, i was afraid someone would say that, coz i have these eyelids that are stuck to the headlights.
    i'll give that a go ne way, coz my parkers have been changed b4... im just soo lost when it comes to these things.