Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    they recommend 95 ron which is premium and i guess thats what they use for all their testing, regarding ur milage, i got a 95 civic and the difference between 91, 95 and 98 is almost exactly about 50km everytime. i get around 350 with 98, 380-400 with premium and about 430-450 with 91 but i use 95 cause i get alot of engine knocking with 91 even tho the engine was designed to run on that.
    thats just with my car tho, you should do tests and measure the milage with diff fuels and see what suits you best.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesmile
    lol i love my honda, never never trade it.

anyway, a bit OT here, but how does prius work? since from physics point of view, the total energy has to come from petrol, so how can prius save so much petrol? doesn't the electricity generate from the petrol anyway?
    I'm not an expert, but basically the car only runs on the electric motor during low speed driving under ~20kmh (40kmh for the current models), ie. city driving. The petrol motor kicks in during hard acceleration or if the battery charge is too low (to regenerate the battery). It also uses regenerative braking to recharge the batteries. At traffic lights, the petrol engine automatically switches off and I think it also switches off when you coast down a hill.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by cuongn
    i get like 520kms on my celica sx 2000, on 98 octane, my civic gets shit all kms
    for real? wat petrol? i got like 550 only from all highway driving down from sydney a tank on the 2000zr model

avg is around 10l/100km

Member Array
    Car:
    ML55 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    they recommend 95 ron which is premium and i guess thats what they use for all their testing, regarding ur milage, i got a 95 civic and the difference between 91, 95 and 98 is almost exactly about 50km everytime. i get around 350 with 98, 380-400 with premium and about 430-450 with 91 but i use 95 cause i get alot of engine knocking with 91 even tho the engine was designed to run on that.
    thats just with my car tho, you should do tests and measure the milage with diff fuels and see what suits you best.
    Are you saying that you get better mileage for 91 ron?

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by yeehou
    Are you saying that you get better mileage for 91 ron?
    yep and its not a small difference either... i'd use 91 but as i said i get alot of engine knocking with 91 so i just use 95.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    I was under the impression that 98 RON gives best fuel economy..... Can anyone clarify this?

Member Array
    Car:
    ML55 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce
    I was under the impression that 98 RON gives best fuel economy..... Can anyone clarify this?
    Yeah, me too, HELP ME GUYS, i'm very confused!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    it depends on what ur car is designed for... if ur car is reconmended to use 91 RON, then use 95 Ron SHOULD give u a better mileage... however if u use 98 Ron into the car that reconmended for 91 Ron, then it MIGHT not give u a better mileage...

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by jamchen
    it depends on what ur car is designed for... if ur car is reconmended to use 91 RON, then use 95 Ron SHOULD give u a better mileage... however if u use 98 Ron into the car that reconmended for 91 Ron, then it MIGHT not give u a better mileage...
    i disagree... its too much to explain, but ur part wrong. yes theoretically u should use the fuel ur engine is desgined for, using a higher octane fuel does not mean u'll get better mileage.
    as i said before, my engine which is a d15z2 is designed to run on 91, i get more kms on 91 than 95 and way more than 98, so for me filling up with high octane fuel means more $$$ for the same amount of fuel and less mileage, but even tho my engine was designed for 91, i get alot of engine knocking and i have to use 95. just use 95. no matter what car u drive, a kia or a ferrari, whether ur after performance or fuel economy, IMO u cant go wrong with 95
    Last edited by mj3610; 13-08-2006 at 05:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ML55 AMG
    What's engine knocking?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Knocking (also called pinking or pinging)—technically detonation—in internal combustion engines occurs when fuel/air mixture in the cylinder has been ignited by the spark plug and the smooth burning is interrupted by the unburned mixture in the combustion chamber exploding before the flame front can reach it. Combusting stops suddenly, because of the explosion, before the optimum moment of the four-stroke cycle. The resulting shockwave reverberates in the combustion chamber and pressures increase catastrophically, creating a characteristic metallic "pinging" sound.

lol i still dun really understand what it means... but is it that the sound u hear in from the engine that sounds like small particles flowing through the cylinders?

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by jamchen
    Knocking (also called pinking or pinging)—technically detonation—in internal combustion engines occurs when fuel/air mixture in the cylinder has been ignited by the spark plug and the smooth burning is interrupted by the unburned mixture in the combustion chamber exploding before the flame front can reach it. Combusting stops suddenly, because of the explosion, before the optimum moment of the four-stroke cycle. The resulting shockwave reverberates in the combustion chamber and pressures increase catastrophically, creating a characteristic metallic "pinging" sound.

lol i still dun really understand what it means... but is it that the sound u hear in from the engine that sounds like small particles flowing through the cylinders?
    yep
    put some sand in a tin can and shake it, thats sorta the sound it makes.