Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Nearly any accident the seatbelts have to be changed... i was in a sorta minor accident in my first car... the seatbelts apparantly "had" to be changes which is what set the damage value over the agreed value making the car an insurance write off.

It's true though. Honda parts are expensive for ANYTHING.

A new wiper blade the other day cost me $58 not including the $21 rubber/refill I had to buy with it :evil:

Pictures of my buckles:

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    dude they look pretty fugged up

Yep

I managed to get some new buckles for $70 for the pair. Getting them on Sunday.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Civic Vti EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr Teggy
    that means the buckle has been over stressed...

it is a safety mechanism designed to prevent seatbelts being used once they have been in an acco which has over stressed them..

your fault could have something to do with this safety mechanism
    I am also having the problem of the buckle not work on me anymore. I bought a 2nd hand honda civic eg VTi recently, the buckles were working fine until today, when the driver's side buckle wouldn't accept the seat belt anymore. Is it possible to undo this safety mechanism?

Is it easy to install a seat belt buckle? Are they still $70 and is this price from the honda dealer?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    your best calling a Honda dealer to find out.

dont play with your existing buckes, disabling stuff inside would be a bad thing
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 27-03-2005 at 12:07 AM.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    being a recall it should be fixed for FREE... but then again that was 7 years ago and these apparently only last 5 yrs lol
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    not all buckles got replaced in the recall only damaged ones. chances are his buckles are from factory.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B20A Turbo prelude
    I also have an 89 lude. It had never been to a honda dealer in its life. Buckles were original and still working fine. I took it in to Honda and they replaced the buckles (recall free) the also replaced the flex brake lines (recall free) and the brake master (recall free)

I think your local Honda dealer doesn't like you.

FastAz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Civic Vti EG
    My buckles are fixed now. Got a friend to unscrew the buckle from the seat, he tried pulling it apart, but wasn't successful and he didn't want to force it either (there no screws in the buckle). After that we tried putting the belt into the buckle and Wahlah, its working again. Something must have found itself in the buckle, and after unscrewing it, it must have fell out. Anyways that saved me from getting a new one!