Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ML55 AMG

ethanol blended petrol on civic 06

Anyone use ethanol blended on their civic 06?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 - 2006 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by yeehou
    Anyone use ethanol blended on their civic 06?
    me - Optimax Extreme I like it - goes like a rocket! - psychologically that is!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    the later model hondas >2002 can take the ethanol blend so you should have no worries
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    what are the advantages and disadvantages of using ethonal blended fuel?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    well... for the case of optimax sxtreme, the enthonal helped the petrol grade reach 100 Ron....
    but normally enthonal blended petrol is just there to help oil companies to reduce the cost to blend petrol...

Here is a link from Honda themselves detailing which of their models are tested and approved for ethanol fuel:

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...wners/Ethanol/

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Vti 2006 auto
    sorry to cut in, is this E10 just normal unlead petrol (the cheap one? R91?)

Member Array
    Car:
    ML55 AMG
    E10 is ethanol blended petrol, 91 ron unleaded + 10% ethanol = 95 ron (E10), it's something like that. it's around 4 -5 cents cheaper than unleaded 91 ron.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Honda Civic Sport
    I've been using E10 in my civic sport since i got it. Havent noticed any loss in power, although the fuel consumption is a little worse. i still managed to get 8.9L/100km last week. and yeehou is right... your getting a 95 octane petrol for around 5 cents cheaper than 91ron. United also provide a 98 octane ethanol blend which is between the price of 91ron and 95ron. Give it a try guys, its not as bad as what some of you think!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by davecash
    I've been using E10 in my civic sport since i got it. Havent noticed any loss in power, although the fuel consumption is a little worse. i still managed to get 8.9L/100km last week. and yeehou is right... your getting a 95 octane petrol for around 5 cents cheaper than 91ron. United also provide a 98 octane ethanol blend which is between the price of 91ron and 95ron. Give it a try guys, its not as bad as what some of you think!!
    are you sure united provide 98 octane fuel for the price of 91-95ron fuel? last time i checked it was the same as normal 98.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Honda Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R
    are you sure united provide 98 octane fuel for the price of 91-95ron fuel? last time i checked it was the same as normal 98.
    As far as i know yep... ill double check that next week as im going to put that in to see how the car runs

Member Array
    Car:
    ML55 AMG
    Nah, can't be the same price as normal 98 ron