Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs
    I never said australian built..
    You could be right about the concerto being EF.. but i highly doubt it

EF8 and EF9's that are in this country were only sold in japan and were the only cars to have the first generation of b16s (well integra xsi's had them as well). This is why the wrecker maybe refers to things as EF. So yeah there was never a b16a1 in a car sold NEW in Australia.

Also i dont see the point of a VAFC if u have a new ecu
    i get ya drifto's ..

yeh its like 50/50 since concerto's were imported from japan to aus, and the blarrdy engine is practically the same as the EF civic's/crx's i guess the wreckers had named them as EF terminology, but if i was to speak to a proper honda service parts etc.. they know it was MA2 built name as thats that originates them from the EF series. regardless if i say EF/MA2 they know what im talkin about .. ehehhe

10points! for clarifiying that up ..

yeh i guess ur right .. the hondata s200 will do most or all of its work but this is a proposed ECU plans after the P30 is put in, but if not the VAFC will control the switchin ..or have both for display looks heheh
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    well the civics and crx's here are ED's
    the EF's have a different engine bay and front design..

but anyway, just wanted to clarify. Because if you told someone in the know that you wanna put a B series in an EF.. they would say it is quite easy.. in a ED is bit harder though.

Yankees often refer to ED's as EF's.. it is just some bad knowledge that spread on the net..

i dont reckon soldering the loom to a different plug would be that hard either.. maybe just get some masking tape and label each wire then cut them all and expose them.. and join to the corrosponding wire on the plug..

good luck anyway mate.. dont like the sound of an mech who is inexperienced with honda conversions though. ECUMAN did a very good DIY of a b16a1 into an ED, it would be a must read for you if you havent already:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46374

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs
    well the civics and crx's here are ED's
    the EF's have a different engine bay and front design..

but anyway, just wanted to clarify. Because if you told someone in the know that you wanna put a B series in an EF.. they would say it is quite easy.. in a ED is bit harder though.

Yankees often refer to ED's as EF's.. it is just some bad knowledge that spread on the net..

i dont reckon soldering the loom to a different plug would be that hard either.. maybe just get some masking tape and label each wire then cut them all and expose them.. and join to the corrosponding wire on the plug..

good luck anyway mate.. dont like the sound of an mech who is inexperienced with honda conversions though. ECUMAN did a very good DIY of a b16a1 into an ED, it would be a must read for you if you havent already:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46374
    thansk for the DIY link ..very usefull ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by XB-16-AX
    thansk for the DIY link ..very usefull ...
    Quite welcome
    kris

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Does anyone know if the B16A OBD1 engine mounts are the same as the B16A OBD0 ? and what is the best manual cable gearbox bolts onto this puppies?

does anyone have a complete engine,loom,ecu,tranny up for sale?