Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    thanks every1 for the input, if anyone has further info, please post up and shares

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn
    well.. boiling point of water is 100 degrees..
    You'd be in trouble if the water boils in your radiator. The pressurisation of the cooling system raises the boiling point of water. so water doesn't boil at 100 degrees in your radiator.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yes it does, and the coolant also raises the boiling point a couple of notches as well.

to be honest WHO ON EARTH LOOKS AT THEIR GAUGES WHILST DRIVING, or at all to gather information and actually does anything abt it? its just rice to me, i only have 2 in my car and not even that my vafc (only in so i can tune my vtec) & boost ( so i dont kill my engine) but even my boost is still a waste of money and i dont even look at it most of the time because i know what my highest PSI is. if you dont intend on doing track dont waste ur money, your stock gauge cluster (rpm, km/hr, temp and fuel is sufficent for a stock car.
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    ok i think that reading between the lines you are asking which guages are best to help with the car's performance & health.

You already have water temp so that's not a prob. though after market ones are more accurate.

Generally i would recommend Oil pressure & Oil temp.

The main reasons are, if your oil temp acutally raises too high this will affect the engine's performance & also cause oil burn which will cause seizing and other nasty effects. (temps > 100 degree celcius).

Oil pressure shows that the engine is running sealed. If the pressure is good in the case it means that the combustion is sealing in around the engine. Generally you loose pressure when you get an oil leak somewhere or the bearings are gone. Btw car comes with a sensor already in hondas that when there is very low oil pressure the engine light will turn on. With the guage you can see this more readily and stop earlier so that there is no damage to the car. Oil oil pressure will also cause seizing of the engine & cause lots of damage! Especially if its all run down the back like mine did once!

P.S generally you need gotta be driving the car hard i.e tracking to need the extra guages or they are just Bling.

Air/Fuel ratio shows that your car is running lean or rich, not much use when your driving unless you have a totally tunable ECU, and then you should already have this sensor from the ECU. So generally unless.

Volt reader - tells you your battery voltage, not too imporatant unless you run a rally or driving extremely long trips, as generally so long as your driving you should have enough charge to keep going.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    Limbo thanks man gave you a + on the rep! that was pretty informative!

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    MMm - get a guage coz u need it - dun get one coz u dont !!!
    no offence but u think u wanta guages just so u can have em - not so dat u can actually look at em and use em -
    my opinion -- no offence intended !!!

Peace

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    MMm - get a guage coz u need it - dun get one coz u dont !!!
    no offence but i think u want guages just so u can have em - not so dat u can actually look at em and use em -
    my opinion -- no offence intended !!!

Peace

YEah a typo made it sound stupid

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    hrmm.. heheh ol goods i see your point, its the same thing as getting a body kit and a pink respray, its not like your car needs it but you have them coz you want them..

and gauges i want them despite,, but i just want to know what theyr functions are so atleast it has some purpose, and also so i can explain to the ladies what they are for hahaha

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    u r one funni boii -
    but body kit and pink (pearl) respray make me stand out of d bunch - but i like your sarcasm style !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    Ditto, haha

Well if you REALLY want one, then go the oil pressure guage, coz i think a lot of those other guages come stock on the Em1 dont they? Other than that maybe a voltmeter or ammeter if you tend to have battery issues or unusually high power demands such as a large sound system, or a winch! (hehehe)
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.