Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    [QUOTE=WhiteAP1]Just keep going from 5th to 6th and soon enough u'll round the edges, and they'll fall back into place. Rounding the edges wont cause any long term damage.in fact once its fixed it will feel as if the problem was never there. Its happend to a few ppl, search on s2ki.com u'll see.
    QUOTE]

The problem is that I can't even engage 6th, to keep going from 5th to 6th.
    I'll try my best and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    sounds like your 5th and 6th gear syncro are gone. Just remember when your shifting that you don't skip any gears especially into 5th and 6th. This topic has been discussed on US forums extensively.

As far as the roof goes, you CAN DEFINATELY change it out to the newer one. try to find a shop on eBay called "Robbins Auto Tops", a guy in melb bought one from there already, im also thinking of doing the same as my rear plastic now has a crack in it. and SIKCAR your correct, the roof does fold differently, but you fix that with these elastic straps...it all comes with the roof.

also if your finding it hard to get into 1st on cold mornings, just push the clutch in and shift into 3rd and then directly into 1st, that usually allows the gear to engage...once your car warms up a bit more, it should be fine.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather
    doesnt matter how much it costs when you got daddy's money anyway rolled.
    This is really mature coming from a Mod.

Let me ask you something, Is it my fault that my parents are successful and can afford things they want and yours can't? stop being a little bitch.

You know NOTHING about me or my families situation...it's comments from bitches like you that really piss me off. Why don't you go and complain about the P-plater who drives a Ferrari F355 spider in melb?

Your profile says your 24 years old, yet you sure as hell don't act like one. Get a life moron.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_legs

The problem is that I can't even engage 6th, to keep going from 5th to 6th.
    I'll try my best and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice
    Get to 5th, then shift the selector to sixth as much as it goes, keep going back foward, it will budge a little more each time. Dont be afraid to force it a little. The end result will be that u've pushed through the connecting teeth and throw them back into place. I had the same problem. Its as if there is no sixth gear to select, just go through with the above. it should do the trick.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLED
    This is really mature coming from a Mod.

Let me ask you something, Is it my fault that my parents are successful and can afford things they want and yours can't? stop being a little bitch.

You know NOTHING about me or my families situation...it's comments from bitches like you that really piss me off. Why don't you go and complain about the P-plater who drives a Ferrari F355 spider in melb?

Your profile says your 24 years old, yet you sure as hell don't act like one. Get a life moron.
    im not a mod.

you have PM.
    Last edited by yourfather; 28-08-2006 at 11:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    ready. setto. FIGHT!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Fight at Bell st maccas bro, somebody call the Lebs.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Bullshit aside, i just re-read the first post, are these problems with an s2000 ure looking at, or one u have, if so is there an update on the situation?? Im curious as to whether sixth is now working,or perhaps it needs closer inspection...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Its a s2000 that i'm looking at, going to organise another inspection with a mate to decide whether its need some major work or not.
    Was told that the jammin the gears back may fix the synchro but may also ruin the shaft.
    Out of curiosity how much should gearbox cost?

Might take it for another test drive and jam the thing back and see what happens. Will keep you posted.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Who ever told u u'd ruin the shaft is full of shit. U'll round the syncros and thats about it,considering their current state, its not going to do any more harm. And ure not "jamming" the gear back, u'll slowly work the syncros back into place, the gear got the way it is from "jamming". My sixth was locked out from a bad mis shift, its been over a year since it was fixed, ive had no problems . A gear box from honda will cost $8-10K. U might be able to pick up a second hand one for about $2K,but u wont know what ure getting, how many K's its done and what kind of a life its lived. Most ppl (especially E-bay,yahoo auctions) just steam clean the housing so it looks brand new, but the components are fried. U wont know until u open it up.

IMO stay the hell away from this car. Find another example, wait as long as u have to, the right one (in good mechanical order) will come along. If u cant afford a good example ATM save until u can. Keep in mind how much parts cost for an s2000. Did u know a catalyst alone costs $2k. Even if theres only a few problems with it u'll be up for thousands.