Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by petsfact
    just thought some of you might want to know even mobil1 10w-30 break down near 8000km. but for my case i have at least 1 hour stop and go traffic everyday a bit harsh on the engine and oil.

engine sounds terrible with lots of metal scrapping noise on hard acceleration and feel soft anywhere below 3000rpm. after servicing the car with mobil1 10w-30 again, the car feels as it was, tight and responsive.
    Have you tried any other brand? Something else full synthetic like Castrol Edge 0w-40 or Motul 8100.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Dear Aaron,

I couldn't comment on Castrol Edge 0-40, but Motul 8100 Excess is pretty damn good compared to FEO or Castrol Magnatec that my dealer has put in so far.

The engine and gear change (auto) is noticibly smoother. I am still testing out the fuel comsuption part since I've only put in Motul 8100, 2 weeks ago. I lived in the city and all my trips is very short, thus my driving style will be considered severe.

Thanks.

Aaron

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual
    I dunno how you guys can tell the difference in engine oils. I have changed to Penrite SIN. The car has always been smooth, quiet and responsive with or without the expensive Penrite Sin. I bought it because I like the best in my Euro but I cannot feel any difference. Gees, reading about Petsfact's engine sounding terrible with metal scraping noises I would be pulling over and stopping the engine immediately.
    Adagio

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    All 2003 Accords 2.4L and 2.0L are made in Thailand.

All Accord Euros 2003 til now are made in Japan. Check your VIN. Made in Japan Hondas start with JHM (Japan, Honda Motor) while the made in Thailand ones start with MRH.

Actually, the VIN should have 17 Alphanumeric code.
    First code for Nation of origin:
    1=USA,
    2=Mexico,
    3=Canada,
    J=Japan,
    K=Korea,
    V=France.

Second code for Manufacturer: in this case,
    H=Honda.

Third code for Vehicle type:
    M=Passenger, build in Japan,
    G=Passenger, build in USA/Canada,
    L=Multi purpose passenger vehicle.

Four, Five Six are the model number: in this case, CL9. Its use has changed over the years with gradual proliferation of various models.

Seventh code for: Body type and transmission, for Euro, I think it codes for:
    5=Manual, 4 door sedan;
    6=automatic, 4 door sedan.

Eighth code for grade, I don't have any information on this one, other than to speculate that it codes for Standard or Luxury versions.

Ninth position is supposed to be a check digit, to make sure that the VIN is legit. There is a complex formula to calculate this. It ranges from 0-9 and X.

Tenth position is supposed to be the model year: my VIN has 6, it means it was 06 model.

11th position is assembly plant:
    A= Marysville, Ohio, USA;
    C= Sayama, Saitama, Japan;
    H= Alliston, Ontario, Canada;
    L= East Liberty, Ohio, USA;
    S= Suzuka, Japan;
    T= Utsunomiya, Tochigi, Japan.

The rest are supposed to be production sequence number. Honda VIN does not specify engine type.

I don't have any information on the Thailand factory, sorry!

Reference:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_a...equence_number
    http://www.autohausaz.com/honda-auto...html#Footnotes

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Have you tried any other brand? Something else full synthetic like Castrol Edge 0w-40 or Motul 8100.
    nah i did not go with any other brand, but isn't mobil 1 10w-30 synthetic too? some good read i found

http://member.rivernet.com.au/btaylo...illMobil1.html
    Last edited by petsfact; 02-09-2006 at 11:41 AM.

great information mastcell! i learnt something

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by mastcell
    Actually, the VIN should have 17 Alphanumeric code.
    First code for Nation of origin:
    1=USA,
    2=Mexico,
    3=Canada,
    J=Japan,
    K=Korea,
    V=France.
    Thailand is ML or MR. http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/VIN/WMI.html#ccode
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2