Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Noob question: Tyre Wear

Hey guys,

My fronts are worn out more than my rears but still have tread on them. Would it be best if i put my rears (which have plenty of tread) on the fronts? Its the fronts that wear out quicker right?

Thanks

Alignment settings aside...... the drive wheels usually wear quicker than the non drive wheels. Tyre rotation is your friend, but pay attention and see if they are unidirectional or not as this will have an effect on how you rotate.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You are meant to rotate your tyres from front to rear every 6 months/10000km so that they wear evenly. If the tyres are directional, do a direct swap left rear goes to left front, and left front goes to left rear. Same for the other side.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

If they are directional and you want to swap them diagonally for even better use and wear, take them to a tyre fitter and they will take the tyre off the rims and place them the otherway.

each tyre should cost $10 to do. AAA tyre factory in guildford do this free for ya if you want a balance and alignment..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ^ exactly
    u wudnt rotate tryes from right to left neway
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Tyre rotation is a good habit if tyres are not rotational as you can do it yourself, otherwise tyreshops will just charge you the $10 per tyre removale fee so they can swap them around properly.

i used to NOT do this and just kept changing the fronts (fwd), the rears started cracking and rubber turned kind of plastic-ish after over a year from not getting worn properly.

this popped during summer

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    For some reason they didnt rotate my tyres at my last service,

I'll do it myself, thanks guys

To answer the question, yes, you should.

Generally, you should always have your best tyres on the front. Even in a rwd. It's much more important to have control over the front end through steering.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwishiwasa Type R
    If they are directional and you want to swap them diagonally for even better use and wear, take them to a tyre fitter and they will take the tyre off the rims and place them the otherway.

each tyre should cost $10 to do. AAA tyre factory in guildford do this free for ya if you want a balance and alignment..
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Modded V6-L
    I would also recommend a Wheel Allighment (around $175).
    Variable Timing Electronic Control

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    $175 for a wheel alignment? i get quoted about $90 max for all 4 aligned