Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC
    The S really needs the old R spoiler. It doesn't look sporty enough without it.
    i think the whole point of the S was not too make it a race car... its a mix between class/sophistication and sport...

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    The over 30 crowd (usually with the big bucks) bags these spoilers. Honda wants to sell the car more towards this group.

Once again, Honda should have kept both Type R and Type S like in Japan.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Lsd

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    You ever driven hard out of a sharp corner in a FWD car that has an LSD, and then done the same thing in a car that doesnt have an LSD.
    Try it, u'll feel the difference!. Ohh and then try launchs!

As to race track LSD differences. It depends on the track, an LSD wont make much difference on a fast track with long corners, but on a tight track with sharp corners an LSD WILL MAKE a huge difference.!!!
    ...........spot on buddy....................
    DC2R driver now........DC2 VTiR before..............

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC5S
    I also own a Type S for more than a year now, I heared about DC5R before when they first released 2002, It didn't really impress me, at that time i was too attracted by the Nissan S15. I also remembered Motor magazine were saying Honda was badging the Type R because the car itself was really a TypeS in japan and their Type R were more superior etc.. Then 2005 my friend met up with me with his 2005 champion white TypeS, wow i was impressed over performance and apperance. So i went and bought a TypeS a few months after lol

My view on the TypeS, the car is great with the looks and performance, as one of the owner said in previous post, the new head lights and taillights matches the car perfectly and added the more aggressive look while still it have elegant and classy appearance. The 17" inch wheels and duck tail spoiler is also another nice improvement, i know there are DC5R owners out there digging that style right now. Only one negative thing is that the car doesnt come with HID lights as standard, being a 2005+ model it should come as stock and its making the Subaru 2006+ WRX looks more up to date than us DC5S
    For performance, its fast and it sounds great and its definately not any slower than stock Nissan S15 and WRX and skylines accept GTR and our own DC5R, not sure about RX8 and 350Z but. One bad thing is it doesnt come with LSD as someone mentioned before, its abit tricky coming out of corners then again it can be fix with better tyres and suspension.

Overall Honda made a good upgrade for the DC5, I think its the best looking coupe under $60k at the moment, It apperently ranked 7th PCOTY or somewhere like that in 2005 or 2006. Yes Honda sure made the top model Integra look softer by badging it the TypeS, took out the high spoiler and recaro seats, but thats how marketing works. I might be wrong here but most people under 25 can't really afford a $45-47k brand new car unless ur parents are filthy rich, honda is targeting a bigger market with older age and older age tend to digg softer and classier taste.

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Vupham: Yep, agree. I work with a lot of over 30s - you do appreciate luxury, practicality and refinement in a single package later on in life.

The carpark inside the building where I used to work was just full of European luxury sports coupes (Alfas, Audis, Mercs, BMW, Lotus, Jags, Aston Martins), this is where Japanese cars just look tacky.

Having said that, Honda should also develop a lightweight sports model for the younger crowd like the lightweight compacts of old. After all the Civic and the CRX made Honda a favourite with the enthusiast crowd.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDC5S
    The over 30 crowd (usually with the big bucks) bags these spoilers. Honda wants to sell the car more towards this group.

Once again, Honda should have kept both Type R and Type S like in Japan.
    If you were over 30. Why would you buy a coupe in the first place?? Sports cars are for young people, and I maintain the type S was a step backwards in exterior design. Integra needs the spoiler to complete the look.

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Bit ill-informed there.

So Type S Integra and S2000 is for the young? Honda's buyer profile for this car is mid-executive career and average age of over 30.

I've been to Honda focus groups regarding this.

Young people in general buy second hand sports cars.
    Young people generally have don't have $45K+ lying around.

Anyways thats another debate for another day.
    Last edited by RyDC5S; 08-09-2006 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC
    If you were over 30. Why would you buy a coupe in the first place?? Sports cars are for young people, and I maintain the type S was a step backwards in exterior design. Integra needs the spoiler to complete the look.
    umm i think most ppl who buy porshes and ferraris (2 door coupe sports cars) are over 30... over 40 for that matter, heck even over 50! so i think it is very possible that u would want to buy a type-s (coupe) if u were over 30.

more young ppl may like sports cars, but sports cars are for the not so young ppl as well

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I agree with 05dc5S where I only see old man driving gt3 in Perth.

Some drive sti, but luxury sport cars are for ppl over 30 who got the $$$$

share the love of Type S

hi guys ,

I just want to share the love of our Type S by posting up my lastest dyno of my CWDC5S. Very happy with the result. My car surprised everyone at the dyno (it was a dyno day, quite a lot of people)

mine was the most powerful front wheels there on the day .

Even beat the FTO with turbo haha...

have a video clip want to share with everyone too, but I dont know how to post it up. Could anyone help me?

Last edited by Tokyo_race; 10-09-2006 at 12:40 PM.

I cant see the pic? Anyhow what mods do you have, any before after comparisons?

Sorry, I didnt know that I have to use photobucket to load the pix.

Currently i have toda header, buddy club spec3, and INJEN CAI. I reckon this set up give the most power to DC5.

I never done a dyno before, so can't really tell the improvement.