Thread: ED Civic

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ED3 HONDA CIVIC

ED Civic

i have an ed3 sedan civic with a b16a vtec engine i wanted to know if an eg or an ek strut brace will fit or for that matter any other model fit my ED civic.

Setanta ( who has an EF civic) managed to fit a strut bar I saw at a wreckers that just had b16a listed on it, but he had to adjust it slightly as it was sitting to close to the engine. He might be able to assist you with this one.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Civic Coupe
    Big off topic
    Ed3 with B16a have you done the quarter mile ? Lite weight car seems like a nice match up engine and car power to weight ratio.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    im guessing that would run a 15 flat or high 14s.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Supra Twin Turbo
    I'm using one of these, clears the D15B4. I have no way of telling if it would clear an engine swap though. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Civic-8...QQcmdZViewItem

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    I used an EK4 VTiR strut brace with minor modifications on my old ED6 Hatch.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

as said , EG/DC/ED/EK civics and integras share the same front and rear "strut" pattern and location. So yes , they are interchangeable.

BUT you need to measure up if the strut will fit with other "
    interferences" such as engine , wires , etc.

I have a ed3 sedan with a b16a in it and i am using a cusco ef8 crx strut brace.
    Fits without any mods.
    Looks good to.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    EDs mount the B16A (on custom mounts) lower than EF8/9s. SHould be fine. I had to make the brackets taller to clear the dashpot on my intake on my EF9.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX