Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    dont do it alfy, why would u wanna damage ur car for quarter of a kilowatt and some noise? not to mention $200 for the CAI.
    i agree

CAIs are overrated, ppl say they sooo good coz they love hearing the "VTEC kikin in yo" more

but its not worth cutting and drillig and messing around, IMO, for a tiny bit of power increase that u may not even feel
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S
    not saying i prefer the CAI but you dont need to cut/drill that part out to fit a CAI.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    tests have shown that a CAI will always give more power than an SRI, and i'm not talking about a few kw...you will notice the differnece when driving it

i have had the injen cai on my car (DC5) and now i have an sri...and by far the CAI was better. The reason why i'm back to using a SRI, my cai got bent after an acco = (

there's really no need to cut that hole out in the front bumper just leave it as is.
    and also with with the fender well, you could leave that as is too, but you'll just get a little bit of a bulge, but it won't affect anything.

oh also you need to change your washer bottle, but that should be provided with your new Injen CAI kit.

Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i
    yessss lol i know that cause i got pics of the rest of the car
    i jus posted it to show some pplz what the intake looks like, it wouldnt be all that different to the DC5 one...
    Yes it's very different mate, the pipe for DC5 is much shorter and u cant even see it in the engine bay.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    i see i see...
    ahh well lol
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu
    tests have shown that a CAI will always give more power than an SRI, and i'm not talking about a few kw...you will notice the differnece when driving it

i have had the injen cai on my car (DC5) and now i have an sri...and by far the CAI was better. The reason why i'm back to using a SRI, my cai got bent after an acco = (

there's really no need to cut that hole out in the front bumper just leave it as is.
    and also with with the fender well, you could leave that as is too, but you'll just get a little bit of a bulge, but it won't affect anything.

oh also you need to change your washer bottle, but that should be provided with your new Injen CAI kit.

as if... CAI just gives you better throttle response and some noise. i have been there and seen how much power increase you get from a CAI which is less than 1kw, so ask yourself, is 0.5kw worth $200 to you?. your stock intake is not rubish, it was designed for a purpose and it serves its puprpose very well. IMO CAI is a waste of time and money which could be spent elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

umm actually the CAI gives u worse throttle response at low rpms but the top end power more than makes up for it.

Motor Mag did a 15.4 down the 1/4 on a stock type-S while Tokyo race did a 14.8 with jsut an Injen CAI. I think that's a significant gain.

A CAI is well worth the money (for the k20 anywayz) at around half the cost of a catback system...

dont know wat car & wat dyno u put your $200 CAI on, but the ones for dc5's are around $500 and gains are around 5kw atw

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    Quote Originally Posted by 05dc5S
    umm actually the CAI gives u worse throttle response at low rpms but the top end power more than makes up for it.

Motor Mag did a 15.4 down the 1/4 on a stock type-S while Tokyo race did a 14.8 with jsut an Injen CAI. I think that's a significant gain.

A CAI is well worth the money (for the k20 anywayz) at around half the cost of a catback system...

dont know wat car & wat dyno u put your $200 CAI on, but the ones for dc5's are around $500 and gains are around 5kw atw

can't wait to get mine bro..... i've been waiting for so long as it is lol!
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Member Array

no offense dude but thats a crock of shit, 0.6secs is big difference on the quarter mile run and i doubt even 5kw will do that. and its even worst $500 for a CAI, i'd put that money towards better headers and exhaust system or performance sparks.
    the difference i saw was on a supra, the CAi gave an extra 0.25KW while the exhaust system made a 12kw difference.
    5kw difference at wheel with a CAI is a big claim, show us some evidence
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

none taken; maybe the motor mag driver was shit i dunno.

a quality catback system for the dc5 costs around $1000

well there u go, it was on a supra; we're talkin about a dc5 here

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...light=cai+dyno

and from post #24 of the previous link : http://performance.clubrsx.com/dyno/...6-03-Dyno3.jpg

difference was 181.1 - 162.4 = 18.7HP at the wheels.. convert that to kw by multiplying by 0.7457 = 13.94459 KW ATW

Quote Originally Posted by _CiVIC_
    can't wait to get mine bro..... i've been waiting for so long as it is lol!
    haha dude, u'll love it. start finding tunnels and bridges to vtec under

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    haha dude, u'll love it. start finding tunnels and bridges to vtec under

just got it today.... can't install it.. oh so hard LOL!!! taking it to TODA tomorrow..
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...