Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer
    Do u mean in the spark plug wells on top of the spark plugs?

If so its prob quite simply the seals between the head & the rocker cover are damaged or worn.

Just take the rocker cover off & inspect the seals.
    Get some liquid gasket to seal the corners of the cam arches when your replacing it between the gasket & the head & tighten it down to about 9.8 Nm in a diagonal sequence starting from the inner most bolts.Tighten the nuts down gradually going around them all a few times bringing the cover slowly down into place.

They would of taken the cover off to replace the timing belt & probably overtightened it or similar.
    I dont know what is called but, the oil is sitting at the bottom of where I screw the spark plug to the engine. So where exactly is the oil coming from??? Im a bit confused ... is it from the bottom where the spark is screw too or from the spark plug wire part??? I

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by dc5TypeRRRR
    I dont know what is called but, the oil is sitting at the bottom of where I screw the spark plug to the engine. So where exactly is the oil coming from??? Im a bit confused ... is it from the bottom where the spark is screw too or from the spark plug wire part??? I
    Pull the spark plug lead out of the engine & run your finger down the wall of the hole.U will feel a join where the head cover meets the cylinder head not far down,see if u can detect any oil leaking thru this seal.You can see the black seal about 10mm down,heres a pic.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    noice pic.
    =)

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop

I think i can see oil in this pic on the bottom,expect PM soon

EDIT actually the more i look at it,this thread could prob need a 18+ on it.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn
    could also be your spark plug tube seals.
    quite common

if they need doing you may as well do the rocker cover gasket as well
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    I actually had the same problem on my b18a as well. It ended uo being the spark plug tubes so i took the rocker cover off cleaned the rocker cover seal and sp tube seals and used this silicon like stuff my mechanic gave to me. Ever since i've done this there has been not one drop of oil.

For a DIY to replace these seals , refer to this DIY i did a fair bit back.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22561

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    after 200000km and during a timing belt change i would have thought that a mechanic would have just changed them at the same time, or at least suggested it? very easy to fix though just follow the DIY.

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    its the the spark plug o-rings/seals.. prolly just old and worn out.. therefore they go stiff and doesnt do its job sealing off the oil

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    For a DIY to replace these seals , refer to this DIY i did a fair bit back.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22561

Pics need updating though...
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Pics need updating though...
    yes you have that correct bravo

Quote Originally Posted by CRXer
    Pull the spark plug lead out of the engine & run your finger down the wall of the hole.U will feel a join where the head cover meets the cylinder head not far down,see if u can detect any oil leaking thru this seal.You can see the black seal about 10mm down,heres a pic.

Thanks guys,

I will have a look and see if i could do it myself from the DIY section. Thanks for the help