Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    theres not one person tHat can get a decent60ft time on 30psi. dont expect to be getting a low 2.X 60ft if you're running that tyre pressure.

theres no reason why your car cant launch. if you put sussy softest at front. lower psi, and ride the clutch, then you can launch. just practice.

what car are you driving with what motor& tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjo5
    its not easy changine these bushes, if u take off all the engine mounts on the engine whats the engine gonna hang on? lol..and wheel alignment doesnt cost $30 for front and back.. its like at least $40 +
    depends how many you take off at a time.
    lol.

i get mine done for $30 front and back, bob jane does it for me.
    i've never had a problem with the alignment.

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    changing these bushes isnt cheap at all.. eg for 1 bush for the rear control arm brand new would be about 50 bux each! then theres the control arm 2nd oem one would be somewhat of 90 mark not including labour to install.

my guess for better traction is to lower ur tyre psi to about 30/32 psi 40 is just over doing it.
    also try a different launch? ride it from 5000 rpm till it grips

might help

cheers
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

my left rear lca is perished, waiting to have it replaced with super pros. and its going to be quite exxy

Quote Originally Posted by zco
    theres not one person tHat can get a decent60ft time on 30psi. dont expect to be getting a low 2.X 60ft if you're running that tyre pressure.

theres no reason why your car cant launch. if you put sussy softest at front. lower psi, and ride the clutch, then you can launch. just practice.

what car are you driving with what motor& tyres
    The car just breaks traction too easy
    It's a lancer coupe with a FTO MIVEC engine in it, and LSD from Version R FTO.
    Tyres are S-02 Potenza 205/45/16
    I am thinking that the sidewalls for these tyres is too stiff for good traction. They grip awesome around corners but traction is very not so good.
    For the tyres to be visibly deflated, I need to drop them to about 15psi. Even at 20psi they look fully pumped. So then it is a good chance it is the tyres?

Also, I was thinking why should I put the front shocks to the softest? The way I see it, is if I put the front to the stiffest rebound level, it should help preventing the front end to lift? So full hard all round seems the logical choice to me? Fair enough over bumps it might skip/lose traction but for arguements sake the roads are perfect.

And I was thinking with harder bushes it would keep both camber and toe much closer to original specs. With power going through the front wheels I would expect with soft/warn bushes that they will start toeing in really bad?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    your low profile are bad for launching. To get a better launch try a higher profile, lower profile stops tyre roll, but abit of tyre roll is good for launching.

Really depends on what you wanna do.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    claymore brother.. that is some good info.. reps to you mate..
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

Thanks claymore, very informative

BUT, my tyres dont leave marks!! ??

Member Array
    Car:
    LEVIN GTV
    I put new shocks (KYB EXCEL G) , and bushes (CONTROL ARM, BUMP STOPS, SWAYBARS) in today. Alot better traction. More stable, seems to grip the road alot better.

I think they definately make a considerable effect. Bushes are one of those things that are underestimated when modifying your car. They are relatively cheap modification, but the labour is very time consuming!

Superpro/fulcrum, Nolathane are two good brands to go for. Visit their websites at www.superpro.com.au for an electronic catalouge!

Cheers and Good luck