Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Meh ive had my fair share of japanese amps, quite dissapointed with them to be honest. (underpowered, lights dimmed, average SQ, overheated)

The American and Italian ones are the ones to get

My Audison (Italian) amp has proven to be faultless so far.

I have to agree with most of the comments about equipment and quality when it comes to Japanese amplifiers. European amps and speakers are known for being some of the worlds best. But when it comes to amps they need to be backed up with a quality signal and good components to really shine. Some people really just don't hear the different between a good stereo and a great stereo. And naturally there is a difference in price between the two. You really need to look at your budget before purchasing equipment. Some people may only want to spend a $1000 dollars on a complete system, as others would spend that only on wiring and sound deadening. Point being Japanese amps and speakers may leave you %100 content, were others would be left wanting. I use two MRD-545 (alpine v12's) to power F1#status 3-ways, and although the speakers are made in Denmark and are really ScanSpeaks, the amps are made in Japan and are designed by alpine. Personally I couldn't hear the difference when I swapped them for Audison amps, so I went back to the Alpines for the amp link control.

Member Array
    Car:
    Former Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hondaGRL
    I dont go by RMS.
    You go by ILS? That would give you a huge increase in power. That means my hertz speakers are 300W each and a 900W sub - a combined 2100W!!!

My audison amp doesn't give ILS ratings, but to be conservative if I quadruple all the incorrect RMS ratings I would get 200W x 4 + 720W x 1, which gives me a total of 1520W.

The total power? do your maths...a whopping 3650W sound system! wow...never knew my sound system was so powerful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurJazz
    You go by ILS? That would give you a huge increase in power. That means my hertz speakers are 300W each and a 900W sub - a combined 2100W!!!

My audison amp doesn't give ILS ratings, but to be conservative if I quadruple all the incorrect RMS ratings I would get 200W x 4 + 720W x 1, which gives me a total of 1520W.

The total power? do your maths...a whopping 3650W sound system! wow...never knew my sound system was so powerful.
    quadrupple... let me give that a ago.
    Multichannel amp: 1800
    Monoblock: 2628

4428W of power baby!!!!!

lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Aurion v6
    go all out with Kenwood bro!
    D.T

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Yeah go all Kenwood... just imagine the coffee's and toast you could make with those appliances

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi
    Yeah go all Kenwood... just imagine the coffee's and toast you could make with those appliances
    lol exactly tho at least they make better stuff than sony

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    lol exactly tho at least they make better stuff than sony
    my grandma can make better stuff than sony.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Well any big white stickers on the back window is enough to make you cringe !!!

By the way, what gear are you running Eurodude?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Audison, Adire Shiva, Boston Accoustics, JL Audio.

quality stuff

Ive given up on japanese stuff
    Last edited by EuroDude; 29-09-2006 at 09:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    What models and specs of the gear do you have? And are you running an aftermarket HU?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    No i'm using the stock HU. I'll pm u the details