Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2nd gen CRX crew

How difficult is it to find stock 2nd gen CRX's?

How much would i be looking for one? Is there likely to be lots of problems with them?

Im considering one for my DD, i love the look of the stockish 2nd gens, but browing some internet sites they seem to be extremely difficult to find stock, they get hit with the rice stick pritty severely. I think ~$10,000 would be good for one with lowish km.

Do they even exist out there now? There's lots of 3rd gen preludes still selling on most sites, but next to no CRX's.

Cheers guys.

edit - by 2nd gen im refering to the 'true' 2nd gen, the 88-90 model, not the 2nd gen we got.

Member Array
    Car:
    RustBox
    i really dont get what you meant by "true" 2nd gen and the "2nd" gen that we got

anywhos, yes its very hard to find an extremely low k's in a really good condition but they have been around. IMO 10k is too much even if its in really good condition but hey CRX's tend to keep their values up because of its rareness
    ٩( ͡๏̯͡๏)۶ www.crxaustralia.com ಠ_ಠ

Some people, like motor or wheels, think the 2nd gen is the 1st gen, due to it being the first imported into the country. With the newer, vtec model being the '2nd gen'.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    LOL... 'true' gen2 and an untrue gen2?

You mean you want an SiR vs Aus Spec CRX.
    SiR - B16A
    Aus Spec - D16A8

SiRs are hard to find full stop. Anyone who owns and SiR owns it not because its another CRX - they own it for the rare-ity value these days and less and less people let them go.

Keep you eye out - perhaps consider having one imported from Japan if you're really keen on a clean example.

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    Motor / Wheels know nothing. LOL

Join CRXaus.com first off

Trading post will have them, you will find them just look for at least two consecutive weeks;

You're looking at about maybe 5,000 for a stock gen 2 with d16a8;
    Don't worry about the km's, know the cars' history.

If your referring to non riced up then yes, can be hard to find. If your in sydney and after one that has had b series motor dropped in then pm me as my cousin is thinking of selling his.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    check and ask at crxaustralia.com

Member Array
    Car:
    RustBox
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR
    LOL... 'true' gen2 and an untrue gen2?

You mean you want an SiR vs Aus Spec CRX.
    SiR - B16A
    Aus Spec - D16A8

he meant that the gen2 is considered a gen1 and the gen3 DEL SOL CRX is considered a gen2 CRX according to Wheels and Motor Magazine.
    ٩( ͡๏̯͡๏)۶ www.crxaustralia.com ಠ_ಠ

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    bloody dipsticks

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude

edit - by 2nd gen im refering to the 'true' 2nd gen, the 88-90 model, not the 2nd gen we got.
    Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude
    Some people, like motor or wheels, think the 2nd gen is the 1st gen, due to it being the first imported into the country. With the newer, vtec model being the '2nd gen'.
    sounds like you don't know what you are on about yourself

the second gen was 88-81, not 88 to 90....and i've NEVER seen ANYONE refer to the gen1 as a gen2.

anyway as the other crxaus boys have said check out www.crxaustralia.com/forum/
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

I think everyone else is confusing my posts.

Ignoring the definition of which gen, everyone on this forum is obviously well sorted.

The problem is, im in nothern-NSW, just below the QLD border, they wouldn't be too difficult to find in sydney, but up here it could be different.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    the second gen was 88-81, not 88 to 90....
    Ouch....lol