Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Car wont turn over?

Hi All,

There may be a thread on this but I wanted to explain the exact details of this issue as it may or may not change the answer I get.

I got in my car yesterday for a short drive, as I turn the key it sounds a bit dull as if the battery was nearing flat, but it started first go, so i ignored it, went for my drive, all was good.

I came home, left the car for afew hours then needed to drive it again, as i turned the key it barely was trying to kick at all... I held the key turned and let it try again and again, it was BARELY trying, but still trying, then eventually it started with a bit of a splutter, then ran fine after...

I thought battery, but battery would normally get worse as i try longer and eventually not start at all, plus after bout 30 mins of driving i turned it off, tried starting again strait after, no luck.. same thing.

Any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    I'd still check the battery out if I were you. I'm only speaking of experience, but I had my last one working fine right until I tried to start it to go buy a battery for my other car! It totally died, no accessories working, no lights on the dash.

Mr NRMA man had two to change that day...

Do any accessories work? If they do, leave your door open as you try to start the car and see what the interior light does. If it dims alot or almost switches off I'd guess the battery is to blame.
    Too old for bodykits

yer you make a good point, i have an old car which has a dead carby, but a new battery, might steal that one to try it.

One thing I did notice, my headunit has a screensaver option on it, I always turn it off coz its gay, however while driving last night I noticed the screensaver is back on so its like its lost power and reset everything.

I'll see how I go with the battery, fingers crossed thats all it is!

are you hearing the clicking noise that the fuel is priming....check your battery, but could be not enough fuel coming through.
    blah blah blah

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    DCFOUR
    could also be your alternator not recharging your battery when your driving..

make sure the ground on the alternator is secure ~

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    Had the same problem with my car bout 1 year ago. I changed the battery and is all good now.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vti-r
    Try changing the fuel filter........ give that a go and come back and let us know the verdict... im 99% sure...... Thats if u say its still cracking good...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's the battery. A clogged fuel filter will still flow enough to start the car.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    im with aaronng

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    are the battery terminals clean & clamped properly?

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    ^^^^xactly nothing to do with the fuel filter. Buy a new battery and it will be all fine again