Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi Guys I just bought a gsi 96 couple of months ago and the car pulls to the left. It somewhat feels like the wheel alignment is out but I had that done a few weeks ago. Now the only thing else i can think of is the rubber which are very unevenly worn out. the right tyre has 15% rubber and the left one is almost out. However just out of curiosity, could there be something else. The lady owner i bought the car off said she never had any accident and the paint on the car looks pretty clean as well.

I will be buying new rubber this weekend and have plans to put an exshuast in it as well but just want to cross check if the problem could be anything major before i spend money on it to make it fast. It also pulls to the left when i brake. This happens sometimes.

Anyfeed back will be helpful guys. Thanks

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Might want to take it to a suspension place and have it checked out. Just because the owner says it hasn't been in an accident, doesn't mean it hasn't!

Did it pull to the left when you test drove it?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

It actually did pull to the left but the air was low that day in the left tyre so i blamed that. but i understand wht you saying.

Consider this; roads are bevelled to assist water drainage to where the gutter is. Some cars steering exhibit more tendancy to pull to the left more than others.

Consider this; roads are bevelled to assist water drainage to where the gutter is. Some cars steering exhibit more tendancy to pull to the left more than others.

-- Thats so true and i have been wondering if this could be a factor. You see the car doesnt pull all the time but does once in a while. My question is if its suspension related wouldnt it be pulling all the time and not occasionally

Snap Happy! Array
    Car:
    ER34
    drive it in an empty levelled carpark and see if it pulls to the left.
    perhaps it's tram lining?
    ClubITR.com.au

I think if it is suspension related, it would pull all the time. No two roads are ever the same.

Its a Castor problem. If you got a wheel alignment, they should have not done it and would have given you a print out of the numbers of whats off and by how much.
    Some alignement places will just rip you off since your there for a wheel alignment and thats what they do.
    Did they give you a print out of the results?

Sorry whats a 'castor problem' and damn right i didnt get no printout :x , however will take the car for its 5k servicing next weekend, and will try and have the alignment looked at as well. Obviously not going to the same place. Just need to be more alert i guess, i had the wheel alignment done the next morning i bought the car so was too eager i guess besides the lady owner had all different air pressure in all the wheels. One had like 40 and the other had 60. Amazed the tyre didnt pop.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    And how would they adjust castor without fitting a castor kit?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    My car does this and it pulls wherever the surafce wants it to go kinda thing, its like a force feedback steering wheel kinda. Found out my cars castor was WAY into the negative, and this also tells why the steering is so light on my car. It looks as if the car had hit a gutter front on or something shunting the sussy backwards, altho there is no visible damage whatsoever, nothing bent at all. pure mystery. My wheels also sit towards the rear of the wheel arch. What has to be done is a smash repair will pull the front sussy forward then cross check with wheel alignments speciailists till the castor is back into the positive. I just haven't been arsed forking out to do it, will do it sometime soon i guess tho.

If you had a castor problem, you will feel it in the way the steering feels. Not how it tracks in a straight line on a flat road.

For example, you may feel the steering easier to turn to one side more than the other.