Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogler
    Well here is the technical part of the operation....I couldn't get it off...I only tried briefly..so I struck it firmly down towards the windscreen and noticed that it made the rattle noise similar to the complaint. Then I gave it a few more solid strikes and then it was all good!
    So to confirm, you're hitting on the black plastic stripe on the outside?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Yea,Woogler its funny you should mention the interior A pillar trim.I was fiddling around that area on my car this morning before work,not being able to stand the prospect of another drive with that friggin rattle going all the time.I noticed that the bottom part of the trim on my passenger side (the side my rattle seems to be) is slightly loose at the bottom near where it meets the windscreen and the dashboard.I tried bumping it to see if it rattles and it does(well sort of vibrates anyway)I tried pushing and pulling on the trim in the vain hope it might stop the rattle.When i drove to work the rattle was mostly gone,but when i drove home this afternoon the rattle started to come back,softer than before,but definitely there again.I dont know if this is a coincidence or not as this rattle seems to have a mind of its own.I did note that the corresponding trim on the drivers side is much tighter and does not vibrate.
    Not wanting to f**k anything up,i wasnt going to try and pull the trim off until i knew what sort of clips it had behind there.But if you have done it Woogler mabye you can post up some info about how to best remove the trim, and if there's room behind it to stick in some foam or some other way of tightening up the clips.
    Last edited by avid; 11-10-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    No mate, the white cover on the inside...not smashing the crap outta it, just a couple of firm, weighted strikes. You will feel it flex and make a similar noise to the rattle if it the same one as mine.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogler
    No mate, the white cover on the inside...not smashing the crap outta it, just a couple of firm, weighted strikes. You will feel it flex and make a similar noise to the rattle if it the same one as mine.
    Thanks! I'll give it a try after this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Jam some Blu-tac in there - worked well in my civic

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Woogler, are you saying that by firmly hitting that A pillar trim, you tightened it up?

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Eurodude,no room to get it in there without taking the trim off i think!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Avid,

No mate, the service manager here indicated that they were "push in clips" which if pushed firmy, may solve the rattle problem.

Hence I pushed them firmly...

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Well i'll have another go in the morning,but i pushed the shit outta it this morning and it didnt want to lock in any tighter,Mabye the clips are stuffed.
    Thanks for that info anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    My dash now crackles each time i reverse of out my driveway

Weird
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    sounds like i have a loose screw in my front passenger door...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by corn_flakes
    sounds like i have a loose screw in my front passenger door...
    Bet it's your power window switch. Try tapping the area around it. Does it rattle? I can fix it easy.