Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    What shocks u using?
    Hey mate,

I'm runnig Koni Sports (aka yellows) from egSi (aka Trav). They are damper adjustable and spring perch adjustable. Great shock.

edit: Not ANY old shock will do, shocks which are designed to run at lower heights are pretty much what you want. OEM replacement shocks will just blow once again. so look at getting sports shocks.
    Last edited by SiReal; 04-10-2006 at 04:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Sure Koni Yellow shocks would be a great choice but shop around and you will quickly see they cost about $1000 for front and rear.

As stated above - a good set out adjustable coilovers are the way to go. If you have a friend in the USA who can ship to you by sea - the Tein coilovers are VERY well priced (from memory I was quoted around $850US for SS and the basics are around $675US). Doesn't sound so expensive afterall hey? If you send it by surface (it will take 3 to 4 months) it will cost around $100AUD.

I know people say the Tein SS in Australia is designed to suit Australian conditions. Well maybe that is so but it is sure a big price difference (around $2000) compared to the version sold in the USA.

You should be able to keep your camber kit as it is to do with the upper control arm, not the upper mount for the shock/coilover.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    when the euro's came out our dealership did some sort of pimping package where we dumped the euro on it's ass. from memory we used koni's on those... as much as they shit us to tears coz of scrapage and trying to get em on the hoist they do have a great ride quality condisering the dumpage
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quite simply a lower spring will be thicker and have a higher rate ie; more weight required to compress per millimeter (unless it's chopped of course but that's another story). As a result the spring will want to rebound faster and will also require a stronger damping force to stop the movement. This is where a good quality shock/damper comes in, it can absorb the spring movement which is now much more powerful than stock spring and keep the car from bouncing along uncontrollably on the standard shocks (which will wear very quickly in these conditions).
    A lower ride height sacrifices comfort no matter what, it's just a matter of finding in the right combination through trial and error or even better, finding the right advice. Good luck

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme
    How was the camber afterwards??
    not too bad, but the euro's are farked as is... their tyres always wear unevenly
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Ask Tony1234. He has springs + shocks on his Euro. He can help you with explaining how good is the ride quality with quality shocks.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2
    Quite simply a lower spring will be thicker and have a higher rate ie; more weight required to compress per millimeter (unless it's chopped of course but that's another story). As a result the spring will want to rebound faster and will also require a stronger damping force to stop the movement. This is where a good quality shock/damper comes in, it can absorb the spring movement which is now much more powerful than stock spring and keep the car from bouncing along uncontrollably on the standard shocks (which will wear very quickly in these conditions).
    A lower ride height sacrifices comfort no matter what, it's just a matter of finding in the right combination through trial and error or even better, finding the right advice. Good luck
    Unless you go with a descent set of coilovers that let you alter the height without affecting the spring rate, as well as being able to alter the dampening.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    when the euro's came out our dealership did some sort of pimping package where we dumped the euro on it's ass. from memory we used koni's on those... as much as they shit us to tears coz of scrapage and trying to get em on the hoist they do have a great ride quality condisering the dumpage
    Thanks dude, i'll have to look into them.

To the others, the car will be sold at the end of next year...im not going to pump another $2k into the car

I just want a smoother ride and general conses says go sports shocks.

ANyone else have any stories where they have replaced shocks?
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme
    How was the camber afterwards??
    BEst thing i've done so far.

It was -3.5 and -4.5

Now both are -1.5
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by simbadda54
    Ill be getting some koni yellows soon with height and damper adjustable. My ride is so rough at the moment. Hope they help
    How did you go?

Im still considering getting these but i want to be sure that my ride will better, right now its hopeless where i can feel every bump so i just want to make sure that i can get an acceptable ride once again.

Any adive will be appreciated, once again Coilovers arent an option

Thanks guys