5 12.82%
  • other

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci

What fuel do you use?

just wondering what octane fuel you guys use in your S2000 for daily driving. and also what are ur thoughts on these fuels

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, GTiR
    Well I've only had to fill once so far, but i used Optimax, and the engine ran quite smoothly (or so i think i anyway). (i think it was actually Ultimate, not optimax, but premium grade stuff anyway)

S2Krazy Array
    I always use BP Ultimate, but sacrificing it not being available, I use the Caltex one. THey have a new one out atm. IIRC. I ended up getting an extra 60km out of the tank.

Every time i fill up its habit for me to reset the counter. An average of 420km out of mine. But with that new Caltex stuff, I ended up getting closer to 500km for the first time ever since I've owned it.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs
    I always use BP Ultimate, but sacrificing it not being available, I use the Caltex one. THey have a new one out atm. IIRC. I ended up getting an extra 60km out of the tank.
    Eventhough I don't drive an S2k, I also get the same observation of a consistent 50km extra out of the tank with Caltex 98 when I alternate between that and Optimax.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    use at least 95RON petrol obviously, I doubt you'll notice a difference with the d ifferent petrol types in terms of performance
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    In my old car, i could tell the difference between Mobil Syn 8000 and Optimax. The Mobil stuff made the engine rev out heaps smoother.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    I use mostly mobile 8000 if I can.
    Or when I feel like it I'll try and use shell extreme as well
    I believe majority of the primiums are 98 RON. The popular ones any way...
    And Shell Ultimate is 100RON....
    Used to use Optimax as it does give you a bit more power but it's too harsh... so I stick to Mobile 8000

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Also, the voting up the top should have another one that says usually 98 but some times higher than 98.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Indy Yellow S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken8
    just wondering what octane fuel you guys use in your S2000 for daily driving. and also what are ur thoughts on these fuels
    unless your running Forced induction , you really arent gonna feel anything with different fuels .

its all in the head .
    I get the same results from 95 and 98 - regardless of brand . And my car is regularly serviced .

And the Australian model S2000 is designed to run on 95 .

The 98 fuels are just a marketing ploy . Sure it has cleaning agents and shit , but end of the day , its just razzle - dazzle .

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Well personally I think it's each to their own opinions...
    Personally I think there is more to it than all in the head... Possibly but just for me I do feel the different, ofcourse normal driving probably bit hard to tell but when you go for cruises it's quite obvious at times....
    But definately i do agree it's bit hard between 95 and 98 RON, unless you are going all the way to 100RON, then you'll really tell the difference.... the kms you do already reflects it....
    And probably for me it's more noticeable as I have a racing ECU...

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    yeah i just wanted to know what fuel everyone used for day to day driving. and if theres any real reason why some ppl wont use 95RON or anything like that

cause i'll get the s2000 tomorrow and it wont be too long till i fill up. and i personally am not leaning towards any particular grade of fuel. only know that it will be caltex as its the only servo i use

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Indy Yellow S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by fto222
    And probably for me it's more noticeable as I have a racing ECU...
    i hear what your saying , but im only addressing the original question .

That is for "daily use" . I dont think too many people have racing ECU's in their daily drivers , so i didnt take that into consideration .

But hey , there's definitely no harm in filling up with 98 .