Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 Honda Integra

Question Headlight Bulb Replacement on DA9

hay i was wonderin if any1 had any pics on removin the headlights bulbs, parkin light bulbs, normal headlight bulbs and high beams frm a da9,
    i no theres a teg tip article on g2ic but it doesnt really help
    i need pictures..lol
    anythin would b graeat..cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    its just a screw on for the parkers.
    with the main headlight bulb u gotta remove the black rubber surround thing, then unscrew the supposrt clips from either side of the bulb. it varies (different from my 89 to 93 LS).
    for the fog lights, u need 2 unscrew the cover, and pull the clip by pulling it towards u, then away. the bulb should come right out.
    im currently writing a DIY article on converting the H4H to H4 bulbs (including pics). post it up soon.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 Honda Integra

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wkdteg
    its just a screw on for the parkers.
    with the main headlight bulb u gotta remove the black rubber surround thing, then unscrew the supposrt clips from either side of the bulb. it varies (different from my 89 to 93 LS).
    for the fog lights, u need 2 unscrew the cover, and pull the clip by pulling it towards u, then away. the bulb should come right out.
    im currently writing a DIY article on converting the H4H to H4 bulbs (including pics). post it up soon.
    so let me get this rit, wit the parkin lights, i need to take off the 3 silver clips? that hold the front cover of the headlights off? any thing else?lik screws or anything? coz i tryed that b4, but it didnt come of, it lookd lik it was glued or sumthin?

and for the normal driving lights, i just that black rubber thing, and on that is the bulbs? which bulb should i get for them r they those H4H ones?
    ill take a look now again..thanks heaps 4 ur info

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 Honda Integra

Lightbulb

hay frm wat i can c, i got that rubber cover removed, but wat about the clip/harness that goes into it? do u remove that 2? or cant u?

and i c the bulb but theres 2 screws on both sides, and has this thin piece of wire going over it? do i hav 2 remove that and the screws to get the bulb out, plus it really hard 2 get into there ay,
    would it b easier to remove the head lights?
    cos that i was gona do the first time i wanted to change my bulbs and tryed and couldtnt..lol
    so yeah..wat else i gota do? lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 Honda Integra

Talking got 1 of ma parkin lights out =)

hay, i got 1 of the parkin lights out..god it was hard..talk bout tight..geez..but that was the passenger side one, i got remove ma cai to get the other 1 on the drivers side but another thing, wat globes/bulbs r they, lik they lok hell yellowish 2 nit, i want lik blueish/white ones, can ujust go 2 lik super cheap an lik buy a new bulb? coz i tryed getin it out, but couldnt lok lik one big piece that was connected to the wire harness thingo..that true? if not wat type of bulb do i get?and how the hell do u get it off?lol

yes get used of cutting up your hands when replacing globes on the da lol you have to remove the front bumper to take out the headlights just keep trying you will get them out.
    da9 with dc5 tail lights what tha?

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    yeah wat phase 2 said.
    LoL ur standard headlights r H4H, but u can do an H4 conversion. the clip over the bulbs, with screws on either side must b removed, as it holds the bulb down.
    the parkers are T10, with the foggies being H1 (correct me if im wrong).
    H4H r bloody hard 2 find, so ur better off gettin a pair b4 u remove anythin. as for the others, head up 2 autobarn and get urself a set of phillips bulbs, as they come with free T10 parkers.
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    please tell me why everyone is removing screws to take out the headlight bulbs !!! that is the funniest thing ive ever heard...

has everyone been removing their WHOLE headlight to change the bulb ????????

all u have to do is lift that little clip up that holds the bulb in and it pops out lol

thats so funny !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    yeah u dont need to remove any screw or take off the headlight, just take the black rubber off and remove the metal clip thats it, the bulb should come out.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra

as u can c above, there are 2 screws either side of the bulb, holding down the clip. like i mentioned earlier, i think it differs from series to series, as my 89 didnt have it, but my 93 does.
    there shouldnt b a need 2 take off the headlights, i just did it while the car was in bits anyways.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 Honda Integra

Talking

yeah thanks guys, did my park lights..all new
    now just gota do my normal driv lights now, so u reckon H4H is hard 2 find ay?
    so can i put a H4 in? or anythin else?

oh yeah, mines a 91, and i got the metal clep with the 2 screws holding in the bulb aswell, same as wkdteg....

thanks for all the info..was great

i just jamed h4 into mine they work fine just a really tight fit lol
    da9 with dc5 tail lights what tha?