how much would a 88-91 prelude engine and gearbox cost? i was told on here that the engine swap for my 83 accord 1600 can be done with no mods..

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    your 83 Accord is a carby engine so putting in the 88-92 Prelude engine will requre you to do some mods. to start with you will be needing to install a electronic fuel pump plus lots of wiring for the ecu.

your topic heading says with 88-91 prelude vtec engine 88-92 Prelude engines are not Vtec.

BTW I have no Idea how much they cost

Ur probly better off getting a (sohc) F22a engine from a 91' Accord.

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    engine swaps into old accords, 2nd gen and 1st gen are just to hard. I have an 1983 Accord as well, and ive done a lot of research. First off all engine mounts need to be removed and changed, then you need to go about changing from carby to efi, which aint easy, then you actually need to fit all the stuff which i dont think has been documented before. Not to mention the expense of it all.

Its easier in the 3rd gen, or even the 1984 accords coz of the engine mounts are in the right position, except for the top one, for a newer and better engine.